#1 Amanda Horton

Amanda Horton

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Student

Posted 01 September 2009 - 06:09 PM

I just took a course this summer at NYFA for broadcast journalism but then realized how much I enjoyed movie making & shooting rather than News. I need help with figuring out what colleges to look at [East coast & Middle states only please] as well as any programs I should take or any connections I can make now. I live near the city, so I have the access to just about everything. I have a friend who is an editor whose been helping me and I have several acquaintances in the business [Grassroots films & have some connection with WWE]. I need some help with going in the right direction school wise. Should I stay near a big city? Or go to a school that has a good program & hope that the prestige will help me get noticed earlier. I'm a girl so I know it's going to be harder for me since this is a man's world, but I'm willing to push my work and I've been trying to buy a camera to shot some stuff I've visioned. I also need to know what kind of jobs people get coming out of these schools [parents are interested].

Please contact me either on here or email me at thefallofamanda@hotmail.com

Your help is very appreciated!

#2 David Rakoczy

David Rakoczy
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1579 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • USA

Posted 01 September 2009 - 06:42 PM

Per the rules of this forum, please do not double post. It only wastes the Members' time.

#3 Amanda Horton

Amanda Horton

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Student

Posted 02 September 2009 - 03:39 PM

Per the rules of this forum, please do not double post. It only wastes the Members' time.

I only posted this once so chill out. I posted one similar to this, but there two different things. One's asking for directions & another is asking for specific colleges, I was giving some back round as well.

The Slider

Ritter Battery

Willys Widgets

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Abel Cine

Visual Products

Opal

Wooden Camera

rebotnix Technologies

Rig Wheels Passport

Technodolly

Aerial Filmworks