#1 petersant

petersant
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 11 September 2009 - 05:00 AM

Hi All,

I have recently shot a film on 16mm at 25fps. I've had it transfered to DVcam with burnt in keycode and imported the footage straight to FCP. I need to provide a keycode list to the telecine house in order to get a batch transfer.

how do I do this? I can see the keycodes, so I guess I could do it manualy but there's disolves etc. I'm sure there is a way I could do this through FCP automaticaly but don't know how.

Please help

#2 Jim Hyslop

Jim Hyslop
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  • 2nd Assistant Camera
  • Toronto, ON, Canada

Posted 13 September 2009 - 04:26 PM

I haven't used it myself, but I understand that Cinema Tools, included in the FCP 2 Suite, will do all the work for you.

--
Jim

#3 Richard Boddington

Richard Boddington
  • Sustaining Members
  • 5482 posts
  • Director

Posted 13 September 2009 - 11:13 PM

Hi All,

I have recently shot a film on 16mm at 25fps. I've had it transfered to DVcam with burnt in keycode and imported the footage straight to FCP. I need to provide a keycode list to the telecine house in order to get a batch transfer.

how do I do this? I can see the keycodes, so I guess I could do it manualy but there's disolves etc. I'm sure there is a way I could do this through FCP automaticaly but don't know how.

Please help

Do you mean key code or time code?

If you want to export an EDL use CMX 3600 which is the most common.

File>Export>EDL

Not sure why you need to get a "batch transfer" if you already have the footage on DVCAM?

You mean you want to do an auto assembly at a higher resolution? If so then all you need is a time code EDL.

R,

#4 John Brawley

John Brawley
  • Sustaining Members
  • 834 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Atlanta Georgia

Posted 13 September 2009 - 11:30 PM

Do you mean key code or time code?

If you want to export an EDL use CMX 3600 which is the most common.

File>Export>EDL

Not sure why you need to get a "batch transfer" if you already have the footage on DVCAM?

You mean you want to do an auto assembly at a higher resolution? If so then all you need is a time code EDL.

R,

If the telecine facility only had an SD telecine but had an arriscanner or celco for HD and higher for example, then this would be a situation when you would go back and do a "neg select" type transfer like this.

Usually they would work of the the timecode of the rushes transfer to DVCAM, but it may be that the DVCAM footage was transferred at a different (cheaper) house than where he wants to go to get his higher quality or better grade done.

Cinema tools can do this in FCP, but the OP would have needed to get a FLEX file database generated at the same time as the original DVCAM rushes. The burnt in keycode windows are not really much help for any machine readable systems.

jb

#5 Richard Boddington

Richard Boddington
  • Sustaining Members
  • 5482 posts
  • Director

Posted 13 September 2009 - 11:40 PM

Yeah I don't really get his work flow? Seems a bit odd.

R,

FJS International, LLC

rebotnix Technologies

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

CineTape

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

The Slider

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Metropolis Post

Glidecam

Ritter Battery

Visual Products