#1 Max Smith

Max Smith
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Other
  • Tokyo, Japan

Posted 14 September 2009 - 12:59 AM

I just wanted to share the fix for a problem that's been bugging me for the last two weeks. I installed Final Cut Pro 6 a while back (At version 6.0.2 - I think) and it's been good as gold since then, however after some inactivity and several FCP version hops - it suddenly got extremely unstable with XDCAM timelines.

The screen video overlay would flash green during playback or freeze altogether. Dragging through timelines quickly - or applying 3 way cc filters would trigger crashes back to the desktop.

After trying several different things - out of desperation I tried deleting my preferences files - and it magically fixed the problem. Basically I just followed the instructions here: http://support.apple...iewlocale=en_US - adjusting for the version number change.

I googled extensively while I was having the issue - but couldn't find anything helpful - so I decided to post this incase anyone else has similar problems.

In summary - if you are having strange unexplainable crashes with Final Cut Pro - try deleting your FCP preferences files.

Ritter Battery

rebotnix Technologies

Visual Products

Metropolis Post

The Slider

Aerial Filmworks

Glidecam

Willys Widgets

Opal

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Technodolly

Abel Cine