Mihai Nicolau
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Other
  • Bucharest, Romania

Posted 16 September 2009 - 05:29 PM

Hello,

I would like to know what big online shops selling professional cine-gear are out there. I'm planning on buying some stuff and want to compare some prices. Google isn't helping me out to much at this point.
I only know of three major online equipment sellers up until now: Filmtools, Abel and ZGC. Could you give some links to others ?

For used lenses sets who are the big players out there. I'm looking for someone who sells well taken care of equipment or equipment repaired by professionals which I can trust like Visual Products which also offers warranty for the stuff they sell. I also found out the Powerbroker page. It seems nice but I do not have a complete piece of mind that the lenses are in the best of shapes and also no warranty.
Is there a good practice to approach big rental houses and ask them if they have something they would like to selll? Again, i'm reffering to lenses sets. Could you give me some names of said rental houses ?

What kind of equipment is best to be bought brand new ?

Thank you ,
Mihai

#2 Jamie Metzger

Jamie Metzger
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 773 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • San Francisco

Posted 16 September 2009 - 05:38 PM

check CML

#3 Rob Vogt

Rob Vogt
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 437 posts
  • Other
  • New York

Posted 16 September 2009 - 06:38 PM

A lot of rental houses offer their stuff on ebay when they want to sell, lens sets included. If you're that set on buying new though, you can contact zeiss or cooke directly on their websites. Also try the rental houses websites, they usually have a list for sale, most likely its next to the "rent" tab. I know du-all and handheld in new york sell some stuff online, all of which are well maintained.

Edited by Rob Vogt, 16 September 2009 - 06:39 PM.

#4 Mihai Nicolau

Mihai Nicolau
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Other
  • Bucharest, Romania

Posted 17 September 2009 - 07:40 AM

Thanks for the answers guys. I would like to know some opinions about visual products if anybody has bought something from them ? And do you know other companies like theirs which sell used gear that is checked, repaired and with warranty included.

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Metropolis Post

CineTape

Tai Audio

The Slider

Aerial Filmworks

Wooden Camera

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Rig Wheels Passport

Ritter Battery

Willys Widgets

Abel Cine