#1 Thilaknath

Thilaknath

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 27 September 2009 - 09:43 AM

Hi my name is Thilaknath i am doing my undergraduate studies in electronics and communication but always there is a inside thirst for me in the field of cinematography
can anyone please help me wheether there are any studies which helps in taking cinematography as a course for becomin a director of photography

as cinematography is my passion

please mail me at :thilak_bab@yahoo.co.in

#2 David Rakoczy

David Rakoczy
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1579 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • USA

Posted 28 September 2009 - 09:26 AM

Per the rules of this Forum, Please go to My Controls and change your screen name to your real first and last name.

The Members thank you in advance.

FILM LIGHTING

#3 Dan Salzmann

Dan Salzmann
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1143 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Paris, France

Posted 28 September 2009 - 02:42 PM

Per the rules of this Forum, Please go to My Controls and change your screen name to your real first and last name.

The Members thank you in advance.

FILM LIGHTING

Ahem, his e-mail indicates that he is from India and that might be his name.
Also to just automatically suggest the "Film Lighting" book really gives the impression that you have some vested interest. It is a really good book and there are others but try to answer the question and not appoint yourself a moderator.

#4 John Holland

John Holland
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2250 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • London England

Posted 28 September 2009 - 03:35 PM

Dan . thank you for replying , before i had the chance !! Just confirms my ideas about people from people down there in the "Sunshine " states !!

#5 David Rakoczy

David Rakoczy
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1579 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • USA

Posted 28 September 2009 - 06:54 PM

Ahem, his e-mail indicates that he is from India and that might be his name.
Also to just automatically suggest the "Film Lighting" book really gives the impression that you have some vested interest. It is a really good book and there are others but try to answer the question and not appoint yourself a moderator.

um Dan... think for a moment. Firstly, most societies provide for a first and LAST name... for obvious reasons. So your attempt at political correctness may win (some) over... but not me. I know many Indians and they have a first and last name. Don't you know any? Paris is full of Indians! Secondly, I am not affiliated with the Book as Mr. Mullen will tell you.

Now, if you don't like my responses to all the folks ignoring the rules of this forum then change the rules or... leave this forum.... or ignore what you don't like about my posts... <_<

You act as if referring FILM LIGHTING is not sufficient enough though as anyone who has read FILM LIGHTING will tell you.. it is some of the best advice one can give.... If I had one suggestion for anyone interested in Cinematography... that book FILM LIGHTING would be it... as it is often the advise I give. I could not have given him/her better advice.

If you don't feel it is enough... tough. If you don't like me calling on people who don't use their first and last name per the rules of this forum... tough.

...and on the extremely rare instance an aborigine Dp logs on using a single name and states "that is all I am called".. "that is all my parents gave me".. I have no doubt the 'Members' will understand.

...and to you Holland... you post before reading so I am just glad to hear you actually read one :rolleyes:

Sincerely,

from the Sunshine State B) ... and you can put your post(s) where the sun doesn't shine!

Willys Widgets

CineTape

Opal

Tai Audio

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Glidecam

The Slider

Wooden Camera

rebotnix Technologies

Ritter Battery

CineLab