• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Matthew W. Phillips

Matthew W. Phillips
  • Sustaining Members
  • 1792 posts
  • Other

Posted 28 September 2009 - 04:17 AM

I decided to finally list my last completed short film, "The Wheat and the Chaff", to be viewed by this community. It was shot on Super 8 Kodak Ektachrome 64t filmstock using an Elmo 1012S-XL camera with exposure set manually, but with the auto reading takin first and then adjusting for the incorrect metering of the 64t. The sound was recorded using an Audix boom mic hooked up to my computers sound card and recorded using basic Windows Sound Recorder. My PA did head and tail slates which helped me a lot in post to try to sync up. I felt the camera kept good speed considering there was no crystal sync unit. I DPed myself so try not to be too harsh as I'm not a DP by trade but had to DP because my scheduled DP bailed at the last minute.

Would love to know what everyone thinks...good, bad, or ugly.

NOTE: The one cutaway with the picture and the table was a last minute desperate attempt to save the film when a key scene came back jittery after a bad cartridge. I had shot so thin on ratio (about 2.5:1) that I had no other takes of it other than what was on that cartridge. I'll never shoot less than 6:1 in the future. For those that care about such things, the total budget for camera, film, processing, rank transfer, crafty, everything was about $1,000. Enjoy!

Here is the youtube link:

P.S.- I freaked out about having to DP at last minute so I had to bug our very own Adrian Sierkowski by phone. He got a "consultant" credit at the end. Thanks Adrian!

#2 Matthew W. Phillips

Matthew W. Phillips
  • Sustaining Members
  • 1792 posts
  • Other

Posted 16 October 2009 - 01:30 AM

...bump...

Ritter Battery

Metropolis Post

Aerial Filmworks

Tai Audio

CineTape