#1 Oskar Kudlacik

Oskar Kudlacik

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Student

Posted 02 October 2009 - 05:59 PM

I have few questions about flashing, specifically the method of double exposing the negative with a color card. General thoughts are welcome as i am new to this technic. Underexposed piece of card of a certain color, equally lit. When is better to flash, before or after the actual exposure, how this change will affect the image? Another about the color of the card, how is this influencing the colors of the actual exposure? Because underexposing is crucial any thoughts on that are welcome.

Thanks

#2 Richard Tuohy

Richard Tuohy
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts
  • Other
  • Daylesford, Australia

Posted 02 October 2009 - 09:13 PM

I have few questions about flashing, specifically the method of double exposing the negative with a color card. General thoughts are welcome as i am new to this technic. Underexposed piece of card of a certain color, equally lit. When is better to flash, before or after the actual exposure, how this change will affect the image? Another about the color of the card, how is this influencing the colors of the actual exposure? Because underexposing is crucial any thoughts on that are welcome.

Thanks

My 2 cents, if you are flashing the film in a camera, have the lens completely out of focus. Flashing the film with a colour card will affect the colour of the dark areas but not the light areas. I guess that is your plan.
richard

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Abel Cine

Tai Audio

CineTape

Technodolly

Willys Widgets

rebotnix Technologies

CineLab

FJS International, LLC

Opal

Wooden Camera