Shashank Walia

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Student
  • India

Posted 03 October 2009 - 02:44 PM

I am a student of AJKMCRC, Jamia Millia Islamiya, India. I have recently shot an advertisement on 16mm film format from a Bolex H16 Reflex camera and Arri 16 BL. Now we as students just get a single light tele-cine tranfer after processing on a Mini DV. We don't cut an EDL or a cut list for further grading and DI because its too expensive too handle. Now single light telecine results are actually of fine quality, but the issue with it is that the footage always comes up with a counter stamp required for cut list which we actually don't need. So i wanted to ask if it is possible that we get a single light telecine transfer footage without counter stamp printed so that we can edit and send it to festivals across. Also I don't wish to shoot by keeping a safe area in mind because then you are wasting your resolution and image size.

Your support would be of great help to me.

Edited by Shashank Walia, 03 October 2009 - 02:47 PM.

#2 Elliot Rudmann

Elliot Rudmann
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • Other
  • Chicago

Posted 03 October 2009 - 10:00 PM

If you're referring to a timecode/keycode window burn, which I think you are, you can ask the post-production house that transfers the footage to specifically not burn it in the final image. Try calling them up or specifically say that you don't want window-burn on your transfer when you send them your film. It shouldn't be an issue for them.

#3 Shashank Walia

Shashank Walia

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Student
  • India

Posted 04 October 2009 - 01:25 AM

If you're referring to a timecode/keycode window burn, which I think you are, you can ask the post-production house that transfers the footage to specifically not burn it in the final image. Try calling them up or specifically say that you don't want window-burn on your transfer when you send them your film. It shouldn't be an issue for them.

Elliot, you are absolutely correct I am talking about timecode/Keycode burn only. Thanks for your help.

#4 John Sprung

John Sprung
  • Sustaining Members
  • 4635 posts
  • Other

Posted 05 October 2009 - 07:41 PM

Telecine masters should always be made without window code, or at most with code flashed over the slates only. If you need a window dub later on, it can always be made from the telecine master. That costs a lot less than doing telecine again.

-- J.S.

Tai Audio

rebotnix Technologies

FJS International, LLC

Willys Widgets

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Technodolly

Aerial Filmworks

Opal

CineTape

Glidecam