christianhennermann

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • 1st Assistant Camera

Posted 13 October 2009 - 04:35 AM

hi everybody,

i'll be shooting in a greenhouse next week and just wanted to get some creativ ideas how to light the set.
in the attached photo you'll see an area which is marked pink. that's where 8-10 people will be acting.
i got 3x 2,5HMI and a kinoflo and shinyboards. so either i'll set up the lights inside the greenhouse and bounce it off the shinyboards or from outside through a diffusion gel.
haven't seen the location myself but it seems one could rigg lights on top.....via a shinyboard maybe..??
any ohter suggestions?

cheers

P1440327_Kopie.jpg

#2 Tim O'Connor

Tim O'Connor
  • Sustaining Members
  • 860 posts
  • Other
  • Boston, Massachusetts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 02:04 PM

hi everybody,

i'll be shooting in a greenhouse next week and just wanted to get some creativ ideas how to light the set.
in the attached photo you'll see an area which is marked pink. that's where 8-10 people will be acting.
i got 3x 2,5HMI and a kinoflo and shinyboards. so either i'll set up the lights inside the greenhouse and bounce it off the shinyboards or from outside through a diffusion gel.
haven't seen the location myself but it seems one could rigg lights on top.....via a shinyboard maybe..??
any ohter suggestions?

cheers

P1440327_Kopie.jpg

Looks like you have plenty of light for an exposure. Are you shooting in the day? How to light a set has a lot to do with what kind of
scene you're shooting. People might have more to offer if you ask a more specific question.

#3 Chris Keth

Chris Keth
  • Sustaining Members
  • 4427 posts
  • 1st Assistant Camera
  • Los Angeles

Posted 13 October 2009 - 09:10 PM

Are you shooting there in the day or the night? If you're there in the daytime, I would go largely with the diffuse sunlight and use the HMIs or shinyboards to add some little edges and to pick out bits of the set to break up the flatness. These hot spots could perhaps be motivated by some of the ceiling windows being opened. When you move in for closeups you can use some 4x floppies to model the face a bit more.

Willys Widgets

Opal

rebotnix Technologies

Glidecam

Wooden Camera

CineLab

CineTape

Metropolis Post

Tai Audio

Paralinx LLC

Abel Cine

Ritter Battery