Nathaniel Brunt
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • 2nd Assistant Camera
  • Wellington

Posted 17 October 2009 - 12:20 AM

Hi,

I'm on a shoot with an Aaton XTR Prod, and we will be needing to use a remote follow focus some of the time, though at the moment we can't power the remote through the camera. The remote uses a Lemo2 output and requires an XLR4 female input, the the Aaton only has one XLR4 input and it is male and for the onboard battery.

What are my options? Is it possible to get a Lemo2 to Lemo6 or 8 cable and plug it in to the Lemo inputs on the Aaton or would that not work? Would I have to get a splitter for the Aaton XLR4 input and send it to the battery and remote and just tape the battery to the body since it wouldn't fit in the housing anymore?

Are there any other options? Ideally I would be able to do the 1st option as it seems easiest, but does that even work for powering the remote?

Thanks.

#2 Tom Jensen

Tom Jensen
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1234 posts
  • Camera Operator
  • Dallas, TX

Posted 17 October 2009 - 10:27 AM

Hi,

I'm on a shoot with an Aaton XTR Prod, and we will be needing to use a remote follow focus some of the time, though at the moment we can't power the remote through the camera. The remote uses a Lemo2 output and requires an XLR4 female input, the the Aaton only has one XLR4 input and it is male and for the onboard battery.

What are my options? Is it possible to get a Lemo2 to Lemo6 or 8 cable and plug it in to the Lemo inputs on the Aaton or would that not work? Would I have to get a splitter for the Aaton XLR4 input and send it to the battery and remote and just tape the battery to the body since it wouldn't fit in the housing anymore?

Are there any other options? Ideally I would be able to do the 1st option as it seems easiest, but does that even work for powering the remote?

Thanks.

I used to try to power most things off a block battery. Onboard batteries always seemed to be problematic. On a side note, are you related to Melanie Brunt?

#3 Nathaniel Brunt

Nathaniel Brunt
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • 2nd Assistant Camera
  • Wellington

Posted 17 October 2009 - 10:28 PM

I used to try to power most things off a block battery. Onboard batteries always seemed to be problematic. On a side note, are you related to Melanie Brunt?

Unfortunately we're going to have to go with the 3 onboard batteries we're getting so looking for a solution with what we have to work with.

Not related that I know of, but you never know.

CineLab

Glidecam

Metropolis Post

Rig Wheels Passport

Paralinx LLC

FJS International, LLC

CineTape

The Slider

Wooden Camera

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Visual Products

Tai Audio