Mike Currell
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Producer
  • QLD Australia

Posted 21 October 2009 - 06:15 AM

Hi all
Have just bought an old Bolex standard 8mm off ebay and was wondering if anyone would sell me a reel of exposed or old stock that I can run thru the cam before I even get to the test roll. I will of course pay postage
Cheers
Mike

#2 Brian Pritchard

Brian Pritchard
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts
  • Other
  • Stoke-on-Trent, UK

Posted 22 October 2009 - 09:53 AM

Hi all
Have just bought an old Bolex standard 8mm off ebay and was wondering if anyone would sell me a reel of exposed or old stock that I can run thru the cam before I even get to the test roll. I will of course pay postage
Cheers
Mike

I have a 50 ft roll of standard 8mm which you are welcome to for just the cost of postage. Email me at mail@brianpritchard.com with your postal address, please use subject '8mm film stock' so I can weed it out of the spam.

Brian

#3 Mike Currell

Mike Currell
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Producer
  • QLD Australia

Posted 23 October 2009 - 05:53 AM

Thanks Brian

needs fulfilled! :D

#4 Hal Smith

Hal Smith
  • Sustaining Members
  • 2280 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • OKC area

Posted 23 October 2009 - 07:57 AM

.......... Email me at mail@brianpritchard.com with your postal address, please use subject '8mm film stock' so I can weed it out of the spam.

With due respect Brian you'd get less spam if you never posted your email address as mail@brianpritchard.com but used something like mail [at] brianpritchard [dot] com. That'll slow down the webcrawlers looking for email addresses to harvest...and use for spamming.

I've seen people cloak email address with gambits like maillovesbrianpritchardlikescom (replace [loves] and [likes] with obvious). I don't think there's a webcrawler smart enough to recognize that as an email address.

I use an ISP that automatically sends my mail to postini.com first for antivirus and antispam scanning before placing it in my inbox. I receive about 8 spams/day out of the maybe 50-100 pointed my way.

#5 Brian Pritchard

Brian Pritchard
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts
  • Other
  • Stoke-on-Trent, UK

Posted 28 October 2009 - 03:16 PM

With due respect Brian you'd get less spam if you never posted your email address as mail@brianpritchard.com but used something like mail [at] brianpritchard [dot] com. That'll slow down the webcrawlers looking for email addresses to harvest...and use for spamming.

I've seen people cloak email address with gambits like maillovesbrianpritchardlikescom (replace [loves] and [likes] with obvious). I don't think there's a webcrawler smart enough to recognize that as an email address.

I use an ISP that automatically sends my mail to postini.com first for antivirus and antispam scanning before placing it in my inbox. I receive about 8 spams/day out of the maybe 50-100 pointed my way.

Thanks for the concern Hal but I use this address on my website so I get loads of spam anyway. I have a separate email address I don't spread around that I use for 'normal' communication. I also have other email addresses that I use when a website insists I give an email address before I can download etc. I do get 100 to 150 spam messages a day but it doesn't take long to de-spam it.
Cheers
Brian

Ritter Battery

Tai Audio

Abel Cine

Glidecam

Rig Wheels Passport

Willys Widgets

CineLab

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Visual Products

Opal