#1 Jon Wood

Jon Wood

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Other

Posted 22 October 2009 - 04:43 PM

Okay, so I tried some Color Negative Vision2 200T, Color Negative Vision3 500T, Ektachrome 100D, and Velvia Reversal 50Din my eBay untested $85 Canon 814 Auto Zoom. You can view/download a two minute video of the results here http://gallery.me.co...v...black&sel=0 . The video changes film in the order above. You can easily tell the change from the high speed to low speed stock. Apologizes for the somewhat poor video quality. I'm still trying to get Final Cut Express and iMovie to play nice. Overall, I was impressed that the camera worked, and all the film stock seemed to work nicely with the various light conditions, especially in the low light. There is some jitter in the 100D and 50D pieces. I think I need to pay more attention to how I load the cartridges. Any advice on ways to reduce this would be appreciated.

#2 Jon Wood

Jon Wood

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Other

Posted 22 October 2009 - 10:29 PM

youtube link is probably a little better

Okay, so I tried some Color Negative Vision2 200T, Color Negative Vision3 500T, Ektachrome 100D, and Velvia Reversal 50Din my eBay untested $85 Canon 814 Auto Zoom. You can view/download a two minute video of the results here http://gallery.me.co...v...black&sel=0 . The video changes film in the order above. You can easily tell the change from the high speed to low speed stock. Apologizes for the somewhat poor video quality. I'm still trying to get Final Cut Express and iMovie to play nice. Overall, I was impressed that the camera worked, and all the film stock seemed to work nicely with the various light conditions, especially in the low light. There is some jitter in the 100D and 50D pieces. I think I need to pay more attention to how I load the cartridges. Any advice on ways to reduce this would be appreciated.

#3 Charles MacDonald

Charles MacDonald
  • Sustaining Members
  • 1157 posts
  • Other
  • Stittsville Ontario Canada

Posted 22 October 2009 - 10:39 PM

youtube link is probably a little better

closer:
The link comes up as "Private Video"

#4 Jon Wood

Jon Wood

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Other

Posted 22 October 2009 - 11:38 PM

fixed

closer:
The link comes up as "Private Video"

#5 Simon Wyss

Simon Wyss
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1411 posts
  • Other
  • Basel, Switzerland

Posted 23 October 2009 - 01:55 AM

The trick is to thump a cartridge two or three times onto its feed side to loosen the windings a little prior to inserting. Feed side is the one with the sticker on.

Wooden Camera

Ritter Battery

Visual Products

FJS International, LLC

Metropolis Post

Abel Cine

CineLab

Tai Audio

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

The Slider

rebotnix Technologies

Opal