2 replies to this topic

#1 thomas-english

thomas-english
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
  • Steadicam Operator

Posted 23 October 2009 - 03:32 PM

I have an SR2 with a damaged battery spigot> i.e. there is only one connector left. I am shooting something this sunday, a freebie, all on steadicam. If I run out of sr2 batteries or the last connector dies/snaps I might risk it and try and run the camera from the rig.

My Marrel bubble displays a battery monitor. Fully loaded with 2 fully charged Lithium pags it normally reads a maximum of what? 15.6 Volts If I only have the one battery onboard and its a little used I reckon it will float blow 15v. Can I risk running my sr2 at that volatge? Will it blow up? What is safe?

Lets face it, I am also running a modulus Transmitter, a transvideo monitor and a Bartech follow focus. So there is plenty of load there to take the edge off a lively battery. Also the batterys will not come off the charger (there is not going to be a mains source for 20 miles).

Can anyone sell me an old battery spigot?

Thanks a lot for your time.

Edited by thomas-english, 23 October 2009 - 03:32 PM.

#2 Keneu Luca

Keneu Luca
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts
  • Other

Posted 08 December 2009 - 07:07 AM

I have an SR2 with a damaged battery spigot> i.e. there is only one connector left. I am shooting something this sunday, a freebie, all on steadicam. If I run out of sr2 batteries or the last connector dies/snaps I might risk it and try and run the camera from the rig.

My Marrel bubble displays a battery monitor. Fully loaded with 2 fully charged Lithium pags it normally reads a maximum of what? 15.6 Volts If I only have the one battery onboard and its a little used I reckon it will float blow 15v. Can I risk running my sr2 at that volatge? Will it blow up? What is safe?

Lets face it, I am also running a modulus Transmitter, a transvideo monitor and a Bartech follow focus. So there is plenty of load there to take the edge off a lively battery. Also the batterys will not come off the charger (there is not going to be a mains source for 20 miles).

Can anyone sell me an old battery spigot?

Thanks a lot for your time.

Is this what you need? There's no pic, so I'm not sure:
http://cgi.ebay.com/...=item2a033e2bc3

#3 John Sprung

John Sprung
  • Sustaining Members
  • 4635 posts
  • Other

Posted 08 December 2009 - 01:58 PM

By "battery spigot" do you mean a 4 pin XLR connector? They should be readily available at any good electronic parts store, or maybe even at Radio Shack. It sounds like a little soldering job is all you need to do. Where are you located, maybe someone will know the resources in your area.

-- J.S.

rebotnix Technologies

The Slider

Paralinx LLC

Visual Products

Glidecam

Abel Cine

Technodolly

Tai Audio

Rig Wheels Passport

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

FJS International, LLC