#1 Paul Bruening

Paul Bruening

(deceased)

• Sustaining Members
  • 2858 posts
  • Producer
  • Oxford, Mississippi

Posted 11 November 2009 - 12:09 PM

On the 2M there is what looks like a film advance knob. If this is what it is, is it strong enough to be mounted with a motor shaft to run the camera?

#2 Adrian Sierkowski

Adrian Sierkowski
  • Sustaining Members
  • 7117 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Los Angeles, Ca

Posted 11 November 2009 - 03:49 PM

Where are you talking? On the 2M EpK motor there is a white wheel which is film advance. The motors on the 2M are attched on the right hand side so you may be looking @ the cam-shaft through which the motor and the body interface. I can't recall any other "nibblets" on the 2m, though, but let me know the area you're talking about and I can give a look at mine and try to tell you what it is.

#3 Paul Bruening

Paul Bruening

(deceased)

• Sustaining Members
  • 2858 posts
  • Producer
  • Oxford, Mississippi

Posted 11 November 2009 - 05:31 PM

Where are you talking? On the 2M EpK motor there is a white wheel which is film advance. The motors on the 2M are attched on the right hand side so you may be looking @ the cam-shaft through which the motor and the body interface. I can't recall any other "nibblets" on the 2m, though, but let me know the area you're talking about and I can give a look at mine and try to tell you what it is.

You know, Adrian, I know beans about Konvas. I just assumed that this knob was an advance knob. If it isn't, what the heck is it?

Attached Images

• Konvas_2M_knob_01.jpg

#4 Adrian Sierkowski

Adrian Sierkowski
  • Sustaining Members
  • 7117 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Los Angeles, Ca

Posted 11 November 2009 - 05:33 PM

That's the locking mechanism which holds the motor in place :D Allows for the quick release of a motor incase it happens to, ya know.. explode or the like.

#5 Paul Bruening

Paul Bruening

(deceased)

• Sustaining Members
  • 2858 posts
  • Producer
  • Oxford, Mississippi

Posted 11 November 2009 - 05:36 PM

What does that hatch below it give you access to?

#6 Adrian Sierkowski

Adrian Sierkowski
  • Sustaining Members
  • 7117 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Los Angeles, Ca

Posted 11 November 2009 - 06:23 PM

The hatch above the interface for the motor, spring loaded.. is.... well... I have NO idea what that is, been trying to figure that out for awhile.

Essentially, the only thing on the camera back is the motor interface/camshaft, mag place and viewfinder mount.

#7 Paul Bruening

Paul Bruening

(deceased)

• Sustaining Members
  • 2858 posts
  • Producer
  • Oxford, Mississippi

Posted 12 November 2009 - 12:11 AM

The hatch above the interface for the motor, spring loaded.. is.... well... I have NO idea what that is, been trying to figure that out for awhile.

Essentially, the only thing on the camera back is the motor interface/camshaft, mag place and viewfinder mount.

I meant the silvery, metallic plate just under the motor mount lock down knob. It looks like it is held down with a couple flat head screws. Is it an opening into the inner works?

#8 Bruce Taylor

Bruce Taylor
  • Sustaining Members
  • 482 posts
  • Other
  • Los Angeles

Posted 12 November 2009 - 01:34 AM

I meant the silvery, metallic plate just under the motor mount lock down knob. It looks like it is held down with a couple flat head screws. Is it an opening into the inner works?

Hey Paul,

There is a bracket on the motor assembly (which is not in your picture) that slides up along that silver ramp to the retainer knob you first illustrated. The motor has a bayonet mount to the camera body itself, but it needs the extra support and precision locating of the additional support arm from the motor to camera. This is probably because the motor can be used as a handle in hand held use, supporting the camera, lens and mag.

Bruce Taylor

#9 Adrian Sierkowski

Adrian Sierkowski
  • Sustaining Members
  • 7117 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Los Angeles, Ca

Posted 12 November 2009 - 09:46 AM

Yep yep, that whole area is all 'bout holding the motor (which double as a hand grip) on and in place.

#10 Rudy Velez Jr

Rudy Velez Jr
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts
  • Other
  • New York

Posted 02 May 2014 - 12:10 AM

can one make a video showing how to release the motor and attach the motor.

FJS International, LLC

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Metropolis Post

Rig Wheels Passport

Glidecam

Opal

rebotnix Technologies

Technodolly

Abel Cine

Visual Products

CineTape

Aerial Filmworks