Posted 15 November 2009 - 11:08 PM
Posted 15 November 2009 - 11:57 PM
I've been thinking about ways to solve sync issues without spending wads to do it. ............
Create the tape with a length equal to the circumference of the shutter and with exactly sixty cycles of sine wave so at 24fps you've got 60Hz playing back and you could record the microcassette's playback on the pilot-tone track of a Nagra and post produce the sound old school. Aha! A FrankenNagra to go with your FrankenMitchell!
Posted 16 November 2009 - 12:41 AM
Posted 16 November 2009 - 10:03 AM
I'd try using a methacrylic resin two part adhesive. My experience is that the methacrylics are better at adhering to different surfaces than epoxies and cyanoacrylics (superglues). The consumer version methacrylics are usually labelled for plastic repairs, I find them in hardware store adhesive departments
Posted 16 November 2009 - 01:02 PM
Posted 16 November 2009 - 04:36 PM
Don't forget head and tail slates. That way you can use a sound editing program to easily stretch or compress the length of the sound segment to match the picture's length.
Thanks fellas. I've spent decades rejecting Eyemos because of their sync limitations. Assuming everything goes to computer anyway, crude sync tricks like slate bloops and timing bleeps actually become usable again.