Harry Brown

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Stephen Murphy

Stephen Murphy
  • Guests

Posted 19 November 2009 - 04:53 PM

I just saw Harry Brown, which was shot on the F35 by Martin Ruhe and it looked great - probably my fav. looking digitally captured movie - better even then Zodiac and B.Button. Beautiful choice of colours, great widescreen framing filled with wonderfully art directed locations. Very nice use of a very narrow depth of field on some scenes. The camera seems to have a great dynamic range on screen and handles motion very well - not perfect but not pretty damn good. Not a 270/360 degree shutter in sight thank god:-) Very low noise levels in the night footage even though they shot at +6db for some of the night scenes.
I saw a film print which i suspect helped add a pleasant degree of softness and a patina to the images that might not have been present in a digital print - id be interested to see a comparison. Skin tones were still a little bland (a lot better then RED/Genesis imho) but that was probably a creative choice as it ties in with the overall visual scheme. Great performances and Great movie too!! Go see it - I'd be very interested in hearing what others think.

Opal

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Aerial Filmworks

The Slider

FJS International, LLC

Willys Widgets

rebotnix Technologies

Glidecam

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Tai Audio

Visual Products

CineTape