Photo

Places to intern in NY to learn cameras and cinematography...

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Jason Caridi

Jason Caridi

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Student

Posted 30 November 2009 - 04:58 PM

I'm a 3rd year student studying film at the University of Michigan, and I'm looking to find an internship next summer in New York where I can get college credit while also hopefully work on a set to gain experience. Where is a good place to look?

Thanks!!!

#2 Sean Bagley

Sean Bagley

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Salt Lake City, UT

Posted 03 December 2009 - 11:28 AM

I'm a 3rd year student studying film at the University of Michigan, and I'm looking to find an internship next summer in New York where I can get college credit while also hopefully work on a set to gain experience. Where is a good place to look?

Thanks!!!

If it's anything like Salt Lake or Los Angeles there should be an infinite amount of choices, especially if you're willing to do any job, and willing to do it for any price (including free). One recommendation I may give is to look up your local film office and call there, often there are many small production offices that are willing to bring on students, and provide credit (assuming your school is agreeable) for PA-ing in just about any department. There are resource libraries of working individuals through film offices that may guide you in the right direction. You may have to jump through some hoops, dependent on the type/size/etc. of the production, but it all comes down to the research and motivation on your behalf.

Hope this helps steer you in the right direction.

Wooden Camera

Ritter Battery

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Glidecam

Technodolly

Paralinx LLC

CineTape

rebotnix Technologies

CineLab

Opal

FJS International, LLC

Rig Wheels Passport