#1 Nikita K Carpenter Jr

Nikita K Carpenter Jr
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • Student
  • Savannah, GA

Posted 18 January 2010 - 10:15 PM

Just finished a project on the SRII, and was looking to hh the matte box but was stuck with bum support rods. I've tried other bodies and they all seem to wiggle a little too much for comfort.

Does anyone have any tricks to keep the rods in place while still being released as if from a finger tight hold?

#2 Al DeLory

Al DeLory
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Camera Operator

Posted 19 January 2010 - 01:32 PM

Just finished a project on the SRII, and was looking to hh the matte box but was stuck with bum support rods. I've tried other bodies and they all seem to wiggle a little too much for comfort.

Does anyone have any tricks to keep the rods in place while still being released as if from a finger tight hold?

Hmmm... your question seems slightly vague... If you are referring to the Arri lightweight rods, there is an adjustment to switch the rods between reg16 and super16. When in super16, I've found that the two small locating nubs on the SRII don't quite fit into the pin notches on the rod system allowing them to seem loose or wiggle... Since I usually either use an adjustable Petroff 4x4 MB or a LW ARRI 3x3 clip-on when going HH, I find that keeping the rods in reg16 mode allow them to fit snugly to the camera body.

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

CineTape

The Slider

CineLab

Rig Wheels Passport

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Metropolis Post

FJS International, LLC

Tai Audio

Abel Cine

Glidecam

Wooden Camera