#1 Ernie Zahn

Ernie Zahn
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • Director
  • Greenwich, CT

Posted 10 February 2010 - 04:39 PM

I recently got a cybershot H20 from bestbuy. I'm using for simple youtube vids and short documentaries. I'm eventually going to upgrade to a DSLR (perhaps the T2i depending on its success). For now it's just me and the H20 and even though it's not a high end camera for not so high end projects that doesn't mean that I don't want to get the best image from it. So, I noticed there is an adapter ring for it, the VAD-HA. It's a 71 mm diameter adapter. I was wondering, could I attach any 71 mm lens to it? Does it have some kind of proprietary connection or is it a simple thread? I couldn't much info beyond a price. A price I'd only be ok with if I could use a lens that I already own.

#2 Ernie Zahn

Ernie Zahn
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • Director
  • Greenwich, CT

Posted 13 February 2010 - 11:16 AM

I recently got a cybershot H20 from bestbuy. I'm using for simple youtube vids and short documentaries. I'm eventually going to upgrade to a DSLR (perhaps the T2i depending on its success). For now it's just me and the H20 and even though it's not a high end camera for not so high end projects that doesn't mean that I don't want to get the best image from it. So, I noticed there is an adapter ring for it, the VAD-HA. It's a 71 mm diameter adapter. I was wondering, could I attach any 71 mm lens to it? Does it have some kind of proprietary connection or is it a simple thread? I couldn't much info beyond a price. A price I'd only be ok with if I could use a lens that I already own.

I guess what I'm asking is, can I attach a 35mm lens adapter with this ring?

Technodolly

rebotnix Technologies

Visual Products

Ritter Battery

The Slider

Abel Cine

Metropolis Post

FJS International, LLC

Tai Audio

Glidecam

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS