#1 Ernie Zahn

Ernie Zahn
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • Director
  • Greenwich, CT

Posted 10 February 2010 - 04:39 PM

I recently got a cybershot H20 from bestbuy. I'm using for simple youtube vids and short documentaries. I'm eventually going to upgrade to a DSLR (perhaps the T2i depending on its success). For now it's just me and the H20 and even though it's not a high end camera for not so high end projects that doesn't mean that I don't want to get the best image from it. So, I noticed there is an adapter ring for it, the VAD-HA. It's a 71 mm diameter adapter. I was wondering, could I attach any 71 mm lens to it? Does it have some kind of proprietary connection or is it a simple thread? I couldn't much info beyond a price. A price I'd only be ok with if I could use a lens that I already own.

#2 Ernie Zahn

Ernie Zahn
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • Director
  • Greenwich, CT

Posted 13 February 2010 - 11:16 AM

I recently got a cybershot H20 from bestbuy. I'm using for simple youtube vids and short documentaries. I'm eventually going to upgrade to a DSLR (perhaps the T2i depending on its success). For now it's just me and the H20 and even though it's not a high end camera for not so high end projects that doesn't mean that I don't want to get the best image from it. So, I noticed there is an adapter ring for it, the VAD-HA. It's a 71 mm diameter adapter. I was wondering, could I attach any 71 mm lens to it? Does it have some kind of proprietary connection or is it a simple thread? I couldn't much info beyond a price. A price I'd only be ok with if I could use a lens that I already own.

I guess what I'm asking is, can I attach a 35mm lens adapter with this ring?

Visual Products

Rig Wheels Passport

Technodolly

The Slider

Willys Widgets

Metropolis Post

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

rebotnix Technologies

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Paralinx LLC

Aerial Filmworks

Glidecam