#1 Scott Lovejoy

Scott Lovejoy
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Director

Posted 12 February 2010 - 03:09 PM

Hi all,

I realize this may be in the wrong forum and may have been asked before, but my searches were coming up with nothing.

I'm wondering if there's anything special to the looks that shows like Friday Night Lights or The Office achieve. Their operating always seems to be a controlled hand held that is consistent from shot to shot. Is this just a testament to good operating? Or is there something special in the operation other than shoulder mounting the camera?

Thanks.

#2 Tim O'Connor

Tim O'Connor
  • Sustaining Members
  • 860 posts
  • Other
  • Boston, Massachusetts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 01:54 AM

Hi all,

I realize this may be in the wrong forum and may have been asked before, but my searches were coming up with nothing.

I'm wondering if there's anything special to the looks that shows like Friday Night Lights or The Office achieve. Their operating always seems to be a controlled hand held that is consistent from shot to shot. Is this just a testament to good operating? Or is there something special in the operation other than shoulder mounting the camera?

Thanks.

I haven't seen this show but if you ever get to check out "Homicide", an NBC 90s show that is on DVD, you can see a lot of
really good handheld 16mm. with a particular style for the show that seems to be kept by the consistency of the operators.

CineTape

CineLab

Rig Wheels Passport

The Slider

Aerial Filmworks

Opal

Wooden Camera

Metropolis Post

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Visual Products

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Gamma Ray Digital Inc