#1 Marc Roessler

Marc Roessler
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts
  • Other

Posted 03 March 2010 - 01:21 PM

Hi,

is the Aaton XTR LCD Display Illumination switchable? If so, how can it be switched on?
It did work, but now doesn't come up any more. Quick read through the manual didn't show anything.

Thanks, Marc

#2 John Brawley

John Brawley
  • Sustaining Members
  • 834 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Atlanta Georgia

Posted 03 March 2010 - 08:22 PM

Hi,

is the Aaton XTR LCD Display Illumination switchable? If so, how can it be switched on?
It did work, but now doesn't come up any more. Quick read through the manual didn't show anything.

Thanks, Marc

You mean the LCD is backlit and now the back lighting doesn't work, or the display itself is not working ?

The illumination is always on, so if it's not working then there is a fault.

jb

#3 Marc Roessler

Marc Roessler
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts
  • Other

Posted 04 March 2010 - 03:08 PM

The illumination was not working. After some minutes with power applied and some toying around with the camera (without rolling) it came up again. Seems to work again now.

I'd just like to know where that fault could possibly be located... is the LCD panel opened easily?
(Yes, I've got some heady engineering&electronics background, just want to make sure I miss all the little traps that might lurk there, mechanically)

#4 John Brawley

John Brawley
  • Sustaining Members
  • 834 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Atlanta Georgia

Posted 04 March 2010 - 04:25 PM

The illumination was not working. After some minutes with power applied and some toying around with the camera (without rolling) it came up again. Seems to work again now.

I'd just like to know where that fault could possibly be located... is the LCD panel opened easily?
(Yes, I've got some heady engineering&electronics background, just want to make sure I miss all the little traps that might lurk there, mechanically)

ahh be careful !

The illumination will sleep after a few mins of inactivity if I remember. Once you roll or adjust a menu function the illumination will return. You can just push the show button once to restore the footage elapsed /frame rate dispaly. Are you sure it defective ?

Jb

#5 Marc Roessler

Marc Roessler
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts
  • Other

Posted 04 March 2010 - 05:24 PM

It slept right away when attaching the battery - running the camera or switching in test/gate check mode or pressing the buttons didn't help. I then had it on my shoulder for some time, so couldn't watch the display. After
that it was OK again. (Maybe it just needed some physical affection? :rolleyes: )

The problem didn't re-occur so far, alway came up fine.
Maybe some temporal microcontroller hiccup?

Marc.

Willys Widgets

Aerial Filmworks

Opal

Tai Audio

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Metropolis Post

Visual Products

CineLab

Paralinx LLC

The Slider

rebotnix Technologies