#1 Rob Vogt

Rob Vogt
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 437 posts
  • Other
  • New York

Posted 03 March 2010 - 07:44 PM

I had a Q&A w/ Brian Hubbard the other day and he was asked about how he pulled focus on Archangel, a trailer for a feature shot in 3D on a P+S Technik rig and he kinda glanced over the question by saying with 2 wireless remote systems. I was wondering if anyone has experience with this if you can hook up 2 FF units to one Reciever to get the focus exactly correct on both lenses with both pulls being exactly the same. It seems like quite the feat to do this with 2 people.

#2 James Neihouse

James Neihouse
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Orlando, FL; Santa Barbara, CA

Posted 04 March 2010 - 04:26 PM

I had a Q&A w/ Brian Hubbard the other day and he was asked about how he pulled focus on Archangel, a trailer for a feature shot in 3D on a P+S Technik rig and he kinda glanced over the question by saying with 2 wireless remote systems. I was wondering if anyone has experience with this if you can hook up 2 FF units to one Reciever to get the focus exactly correct on both lenses with both pulls being exactly the same. It seems like quite the feat to do this with 2 people.

I would think it would be easy with a couple of wireless systems (Prestons?) with two receivers on a single frequency and one transmitter. Both receivers receive the same info via the wireless. The issue is matching the lenses, so they are in focus at the same place. This would be a mechanical issue with the focus mechanisms (helicals) traveling the same distances in order to get both lenses to the same distance.

James Neihouse
Director of Photography
IMAX Hubble 3D

#3 michael abraham

michael abraham
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Other
  • London

Posted 09 March 2010 - 04:03 PM

I suggest you the Arri wireless MK3A winch have the possibility to be updated to work for S3D(double option version software).You can control 3 pair of channel.They works perfectly.
C Motion
Preston
Scorpio

Michael

Paralinx LLC

Glidecam

rebotnix Technologies

Rig Wheels Passport

FJS International, LLC

Willys Widgets

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Tai Audio