#1 Matt Leaf

Matt Leaf
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Other

Posted 06 March 2010 - 08:53 PM

Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone could help me out with regard to spending a day on set with a professional film crew in Melbourne. I don't really have to be in your way, I'd just love to see for a day how it all works. I can help out with anything, coffee's, gaffing stuff down, any menial job - but mainly I actually just want the experience of seeing a film in production first hand. I work as an AV techie so I can run cables and hang lights and do any of that stuff if you need.

If you wouldn't mind having an extra pair of hands on deck, or just letting me hang out for a day as a volunteer, it would very much be appreciated.

Otherwise, if anyone on this board knows a better place where I should place this ad please let me know,

Cheers,

Matt

#2 Jake Iesu

Jake Iesu
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Other
  • Sydney, Australia

Posted 07 March 2010 - 11:52 PM

Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone could help me out with regard to spending a day on set with a professional film crew in Melbourne. I don't really have to be in your way, I'd just love to see for a day how it all works. I can help out with anything, coffee's, gaffing stuff down, any menial job - but mainly I actually just want the experience of seeing a film in production first hand. I work as an AV techie so I can run cables and hang lights and do any of that stuff if you need.

If you wouldn't mind having an extra pair of hands on deck, or just letting me hang out for a day as a volunteer, it would very much be appreciated.

Otherwise, if anyone on this board knows a better place where I should place this ad please let me know,

Cheers,

Matt

Hey Matt,
Good to see you are keen. It might be worth getting in contact with Panavision down there and asking the guys for a few local assistants/DP's email addresses, Although without discourraging you, In aus their can sometimes be alot of legal issues reguarding having an unpaid person on set (insurance). Saying that though I met a great DP up here in Sydney who was able to swing a few things in my favour when I was starting out and doing the same as you, So it can be done you just need the right person saying the right words.

Good Luck.

Jake

#3 Matt Leaf

Matt Leaf
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Other

Posted 08 March 2010 - 02:40 AM

Hi Jake,

Thanks for the suggestions!

Will look into it,