#1 Paul M Hettinger

Paul M Hettinger

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • 1st Assistant Camera

Posted 11 March 2010 - 02:48 AM

I'm new to using the RED and was wondering if there was a way to attach two on-board monitors to the camera?

#2 Gregory Almond

Gregory Almond
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • 1st Assistant Camera
  • Anywhere

Posted 11 March 2010 - 10:33 PM

You could use a mini-lcd and HD-SDI output on the camera to have multiple monitors, however using the standard Monitor out specifically for the Red-LCD doesn't allow for multiple hookups. In addition you can't use the viewfinder hookup because of the hardware employed is specifically designed to work with the eye piece and not the Red-LCD.

A Breakout box will take the HD-SDI signal and allow you to split it to multiple monitors last time i checked, perhaps that will give you what you need. Also, the HDMI port might be useful, however it seems to unplug a bit too easily for my taste.

~G

#3 Marque DeWinter

Marque DeWinter
  • Sustaining Members
  • 117 posts
  • Digital Image Technician
  • New York

Posted 20 March 2010 - 08:53 AM

You could use a mini-lcd and HD-SDI output on the camera to have multiple monitors, however using the standard Monitor out specifically for the Red-LCD doesn't allow for multiple hookups. In addition you can't use the viewfinder hookup because of the hardware employed is specifically designed to work with the eye piece and not the Red-LCD.

A Breakout box will take the HD-SDI signal and allow you to split it to multiple monitors last time i checked, perhaps that will give you what you need. Also, the HDMI port might be useful, however it seems to unplug a bit too easily for my taste.

~G

One slight variation. Use the Red LCD and just hook up one additional monitor to an HD-SDI port. I've done it more times than I could count. This way your not dealing with a breakout box or anything like that.

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

rebotnix Technologies

Abel Cine

CineTape

Tai Audio

Ritter Battery

Visual Products

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Metropolis Post

Technodolly

Paralinx LLC

Opal