2 replies to this topic

#1 Dominic Cochran

Dominic Cochran
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 12 March 2010 - 03:29 AM

So I've been shooting green screen for a long time, but I normally light the screen and the talent with the same color temperature lamps for obvious reasons. The one time I've used the Kino Supergreen lamps I lit the foreground talent with tungsten which is what the Kino site seems to recommend. Good results all around.

My question is that on this particular project I'd like to use the Kino Green lamps on the screen as usual but light the talent with daylight fixtures. Has anyone done this? Is the green spike in the Kino Green lamps wide-spectrum enough to read as green when the camera is white balanced either way?

#2 John Brawley

John Brawley
  • Sustaining Members
  • 834 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Atlanta Georgia

Posted 12 March 2010 - 05:27 AM

So I've been shooting green screen for a long time, but I normally light the screen and the talent with the same color temperature lamps for obvious reasons. The one time I've used the Kino Supergreen lamps I lit the foreground talent with tungsten which is what the Kino site seems to recommend. Good results all around.

My question is that on this particular project I'd like to use the Kino Green lamps on the screen as usual but light the talent with daylight fixtures. Has anyone done this? Is the green spike in the Kino Green lamps wide-spectrum enough to read as green when the camera is white balanced either way?

Shouldn't matter too much.

I've used them with daylight FG / Daylight balnce (shooting RED) and they work so very very well.

jb

#3 Dominic Cochran

Dominic Cochran
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 12 March 2010 - 10:33 PM

Thanks John!

CineLab

CineTape

FJS International, LLC