Patch Dolan

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Other

Posted 16 March 2010 - 10:25 AM

Hello,

I'm a photographer moving into video so my knowledge of filming techniques is minimal to none. I'm trying to find some examples of a technique similar to the link below but shot from the front:

http://www.tellyads....filename=TA8830

Is it called phantom ride? I want the look to be as obviously fake as possible with things like trees popping up at the side then down again and mountains etc moving in the background. I'm sure there are loads of clips out there but no matter what I search for I have struggled to come up with some good examples. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

#2 Thomas Chaves

Thomas Chaves
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Grip
  • NY, NY

Posted 10 April 2010 - 04:15 PM

Hello,

I'm a photographer moving into video so my knowledge of filming techniques is minimal to none. I'm trying to find some examples of a technique similar to the link below but shot from the front:

http://www.tellyads....filename=TA8830

Is it called phantom ride? I want the look to be as obviously fake as possible with things like trees popping up at the side then down again and mountains etc moving in the background. I'm sure there are loads of clips out there but no matter what I search for I have struggled to come up with some good examples. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

I believe they did this in a green screen setup in a studio. They built the background set, and set a dolly on a track. Then, they placed the actor on a fake bike in front of the green screen. The art department also placed some things in the foreground as well, possibly.

I'm not entirely sure about this technique, but that's my best guess.
Good luck.

Cheers.
Thomas

Abel Cine

Glidecam

Wooden Camera

Opal

Ritter Battery

The Slider

Paralinx LLC

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

FJS International, LLC