#1 abhishek bhardwaj

abhishek bhardwaj

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Producer

Posted 21 March 2010 - 11:28 PM

Hello every one , I am going to shoot on P2HD AG HPX-502 camera for the first time. This is going to be HD Shoot. Since I am using this camera for the first time ( I am not a camera man but the possible cinematographer who is shooting had of course used HD camera but not this one) I asking for the tips so that I can shoot without any trouble. I will try to explain the situation as clearly as possible.

Particularly I am shooting upon this camera so that I can save money on the post and consequently can save money upon digitization of tape, but using P2 card is also giving me sleepless nights. I am getting 32 GB two P2 cards. I want to know if I can directly capture the recorded footage on any window based computer as a file. You know as we copy any file from a pen drive. I want to know if I plug the camera with USB device will my computer recognize it and will I be able to copy the folder into my laptop so that I can further take this footage in another city for post production.

Please advice as soon as possible
thanks in advance

#2 Saul Rodgar

Saul Rodgar
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1682 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 22 March 2010 - 12:19 AM

If the camera is anything like the HPX-500 and HDX900, then yes. But you will likely need to use Firewire 400, unless they changed the computer ports on the 502.

If your computer has PCMCIA capabilities then you can insert the card into the computer directly and bypass the camera or similar interface (P2 Store or Viewer, etc). I don't use Windows, so I can't advice further.

Edited by Saul Rodgar, 22 March 2010 - 12:22 AM.

Technodolly

Paralinx LLC

CineLab

Opal

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

The Slider

Aerial Filmworks

Tai Audio

Metropolis Post

Rig Wheels Passport

Abel Cine

Willys Widgets