2 replies to this topic

#1 linus rosenqvist

linus rosenqvist
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 23 March 2010 - 06:12 AM

I going to shot my first full-lenght feature this summer and after looking at some test and with our very low budget (less than $1,000,000) this camera seems like the best option.
When I compare the footage to both canon 5d and Red one it seems to have a much better dynamic range and the fast movements dont get as distorted as with 5d.
I would really like to hear if anyone else has any kind of experience with this camera.
I am going to try to do as many tests as possible with lenses but since the very low budget I will have a hard time to do it as extensive as I would have liked to. So any tips on a solid set of lenses that will render sharp images with similar characteristics.
All help is really appreciated.

#2 Eric Steinberg

Eric Steinberg
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Producer

Posted 30 March 2010 - 09:40 PM

I have to admit, I wasn't really looking at Nikon because I wanted to stay 1080p....but the motion artifact problem make the Nikon compelling. I shoot stills on Nikon D300 and D200, and use old Zeiss Hasselblad lenses with an adapter. The Zeiss glass, some of it 20 years old, is still noticeably sharper than new Nikkor or other Japanese lenses....but they are all completely manual.

I going to shot my first full-lenght feature this summer and after looking at some test and with our very low budget (less than $1,000,000) this camera seems like the best option.
When I compare the footage to both canon 5d and Red one it seems to have a much better dynamic range and the fast movements dont get as distorted as with 5d.
I would really like to hear if anyone else has any kind of experience with this camera.
I am going to try to do as many tests as possible with lenses but since the very low budget I will have a hard time to do it as extensive as I would have liked to. So any tips on a solid set of lenses that will render sharp images with similar characteristics.
All help is really appreciated.

#3 Will Montgomery

Will Montgomery
  • Sustaining Members
  • 2030 posts
  • Producer
  • Dallas, TX

Posted 16 July 2010 - 08:26 PM

If you haven't already seen this, check it out... really good info and comparisons between DSLRs with 35mm film as reference.

http://www.zacuto.com/shootout

Technodolly

CineLab

Ritter Battery

Paralinx LLC

The Slider

Rig Wheels Passport

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Metropolis Post

FJS International, LLC

Glidecam

Wooden Camera