3 replies to this topic

#1 alfredoparra

alfredoparra
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • Producer

Posted 25 March 2010 - 09:49 PM

get a sony cybershot digital still camera and press it against the viewfinder, adjust framing to fill super 8 pr 16mm frame, I leave it a little exposed then lock the camera to the view finder with a clamp! set the sony still to record movie on memory stick for instane play back! works great on my Beaulieu 4008zm2, it your shooting wide gate you can mark the ldc screen on the sony still for 16x9 framing! TRY IT!

#2 pierre robichaud

pierre robichaud
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Camera Operator

Posted 25 March 2010 - 11:15 PM

Hi
I've been looking for a solution like this for some time. There are several models of the Cybershot. Can you recommend one you've used?
Thanks!

get a sony cybershot digital still camera and press it against the viewfinder, adjust framing to fill super 8 pr 16mm frame, I leave it a little exposed then lock the camera to the view finder with a clamp! set the sony still to record movie on memory stick for instane play back! works great on my Beaulieu 4008zm2, it your shooting wide gate you can mark the ldc screen on the sony still for 16x9 framing! TRY IT!

#3 Paul Bruening

Paul Bruening

(deceased)

• Sustaining Members
  • 2858 posts
  • Producer
  • Oxford, Mississippi

Posted 26 March 2010 - 12:22 AM

I've thought of that for my big old Mitchell GC. Might give it a try. I'm running a Canon XL2 on it now as my video tap, sync-sound recorder. Is there any way to run a little cam like the Cybershot with an audio feed-in to get sync-sound dailies from your S8 cam rig? Might be handy.

#4 Tom Hepburn

Tom Hepburn
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts
  • Other
  • Chicago-land

Posted 26 March 2010 - 12:50 PM

I tried the same thing a year ago. Where I came up short was with the clamping. Do you have any images you could show of the set up?

The camera (SLR) when zoomed just so, showed the super 16 ground glass fine, but as I said......it's the clamping! Especially on a hand held shot.

Thanks,
Tom

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

rebotnix Technologies

Visual Products

Metropolis Post

FJS International, LLC

Rig Wheels Passport

Glidecam

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

CineTape