#1 Ernie Zahn

Ernie Zahn
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • Director
  • Greenwich, CT

Posted 27 March 2010 - 04:07 PM

Right now I'm doing research on a DIY DoF adapter that would attach to my current lens which is mounted on my Beaulieu 6008S. Is there a solution where I can simply attached a DoF adapter straight on to the body of the CMount Beaulieu?

Aside from that where have people found the sources for their own DoF solutions.

#2 Saul Rodgar

Saul Rodgar
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1682 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 27 March 2010 - 10:20 PM

I am not sure what you mean, like a 35mm adapter on an 8mm camera without the actual 8mm camera lens?? :huh: Never heard of a way to bypass the camera lens.

Regardless, the biggest problem you will have is, whatever you are using cannot be too heavy or you risk breaking your adapter or the camera.You see, C-Mount was not designed to hold large, unwieldy and heavy lenses. You'll be better off getting a set of support rods, and although they can be expensive, they make it a lot safer when using large and heavy lenses / adapters. I had an Angenieux 15-150mm zoom on C-Mount for S16mm that was so large and heavy every time I used it I feared it would break at the threads at the slightest knock or pressure, even with support rods.

Edited by Saul Rodgar, 27 March 2010 - 10:24 PM.

#3 Saul Rodgar

Saul Rodgar
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1682 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 27 March 2010 - 10:28 PM

I am not sure what you mean, like a 35mm adapter on an 8mm camera without the actual 8mm camera lens?? :huh: Never heard of a way to bypass the camera lens without a lens mount like B4 or similar.

Edited by Saul Rodgar, 27 March 2010 - 10:30 PM.

#4 Ernie Zahn

Ernie Zahn
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • Director
  • Greenwich, CT

Posted 28 March 2010 - 01:45 PM

Yes, I've seend diy solutions for lens weight support. I guess this will just have look ridiculous!:P

#5 Rafael Rivera

Rafael Rivera
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Director
  • San Jose, CA

Posted 31 March 2010 - 07:50 PM

This is an interesting topic, what else have you found about DoF adaptors? I think the PS Technik Mini can be directly attached to the XL1s so there must be a way to de something similar with a C-mount camera.

Yes, I've seend diy solutions for lens weight support. I guess this will just have look ridiculous!:P

#6 Saul Rodgar

Saul Rodgar
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1682 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 31 March 2010 - 10:40 PM

This is an interesting topic, what else have you found about DoF adaptors? I think the PS Technik Mini can be directly attached to the XL1s so there must be a way to de something similar with a C-mount camera.

The XL1 has a big sized locking mount, much, much larger than C-Mount. I'd bet it can take more weight than a diminutive threading C-Mount. ;)

Edited by Saul Rodgar, 31 March 2010 - 10:41 PM.

#7 Daniel Verlane Holloway

Daniel Verlane Holloway

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Student

Posted 25 December 2010 - 05:58 PM

I was wondering the same thing recently. This may be old, but has anyone found a working solution yet or have any more ideas?

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Aerial Filmworks

Technodolly

Ritter Battery

Opal

Wooden Camera

Glidecam

CineLab

Paralinx LLC

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Visual Products