Mario Pascal Geisler

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 30 March 2010 - 04:57 AM

Hey guys,

I've been working with the JVC GYHD 111 since a while and so far I was quite happy with it.
I liked the progressive scan, the lense system and the general broadcast camera design with all the buttons at the right places and the manual control over iris, shutter speed etc. and that's for an affordable price.

But there is this format problem with 720p! 1080i or even now 1080p seemes to be the dominate standard on the market!

So I am thinking to change to Sony Z7.

What are you experiences with the Sony Z7 ???

regrads

Pascal

#2 Scott Bullock

Scott Bullock
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts
  • Other
  • Denver, CO

Posted 03 April 2010 - 01:15 PM

Hey guys,

I've been working with the JVC GYHD 111 since a while and so far I was quite happy with it.
I liked the progressive scan, the lense system and the general broadcast camera design with all the buttons at the right places and the manual control over iris, shutter speed etc. and that's for an affordable price.

But there is this format problem with 720p! 1080i or even now 1080p seemes to be the dominate standard on the market!

So I am thinking to change to Sony Z7.

What are you experiences with the Sony Z7 ???

regrads

Pascal

I've been shooting with a Z7 for a while now and I love it. Oddly enough, I wish it had 720p capabilities though. I like the fact that it records onto CF cards and to tape. The lens is sharp and the camera performs well in low-light; much better than the Z1 or the V1. My only complaint is that it doesn't have an HD-SDI output; only HDMI and Firewire. It will record in DVCAM mode, which is more of a blessing than you'd think, plus it'll shoot both 1080i and 1080p. All in all, I think it's a great camera for the price.

Aerial Filmworks

Rig Wheels Passport

CineTape

rebotnix Technologies

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Broadcast Solutions Inc

The Slider

Glidecam

FJS International, LLC

CineLab

Willys Widgets

Metropolis Post