#1 Nicholas Shoemaker

Nicholas Shoemaker

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 06 April 2010 - 02:13 AM

Hi, I'm the DP for an independent student film out of the Seattle area and was hoping for some help on possible lighting rigs. For the shoot, we are in an office (meant to convey the stereotypical nine-to-five cubicle life), and I was looking to possibly rig a chicken coop with a 10-bank of Kino Flo 3200K lights (the rest of the office is matched at 3200K). The only problem is, I really have no way of rigging them, i.e., no high-boys, goalposts, speed rails, etc., and I really wanted to get that sickly overhead fluorescent look and underexpose the actor's eyes around a full stop. Any ideas for the rigging?

On a related and brief note, I was looking for some other eye light ideas. While underexposing the actor's eye wells, I still wanted to get a slight twinkle, and give his eyes some definition. Would it be at all useful to just use a large 8x frame of muslin or other white material and hold it up behind the camera, and just let us see that reflection in the camera? Or do I really have to go with the popular "inkie with diffusion on the barn doors" idea?

Thank you all very much for your time and any responses would be greatly appreciated.

>>(Sony XH-A1 HD Camera, HDV tape)

CineTape

CineLab

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Rig Wheels Passport

Metropolis Post

Opal

Abel Cine

Technodolly

Willys Widgets

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Paralinx LLC