#1 Andrew Armentrout

Andrew Armentrout

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Student

Posted 07 April 2010 - 04:21 PM

I was in the market for a red one for a short film im making and I was wondering what would need to be purchased in order to use the camera for any basic practical filmmaking needs (lenses, accessories, etc) beyond just the body itself and the price range I'd be looking at. What lenses would I need? Also how exactly does a red one operate? is there a hard drive built into the camera or would cables need to be run to an external computer to record the highest quality footage?

#2 Brian Drysdale

Brian Drysdale
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5070 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 07 April 2010 - 05:30 PM

I was in the market for a red one for a short film im making and I was wondering what would need to be purchased in order to use the camera for any basic practical filmmaking needs (lenses, accessories, etc) beyond just the body itself and the price range I'd be looking at. What lenses would I need? Also how exactly does a red one operate? is there a hard drive built into the camera or would cables need to be run to an external computer to record the highest quality footage?

Don't double post.

#3 Keith Walters

Keith Walters
  • Sustaining Members
  • 2219 posts
  • Other
  • Sydney Australia

Posted 07 April 2010 - 07:47 PM

Why don't you go to the RED folder (Click on "HD" above) and check out the pinned threads at the start. One is called "What is the RED One?" which should answer most of your questions in an unbiased manner.

Edited by Keith Walters, 07 April 2010 - 07:49 PM.

Glidecam

Paralinx LLC

Opal

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Technodolly

FJS International, LLC

Aerial Filmworks

Rig Wheels Passport

rebotnix Technologies

CineLab

Wooden Camera

Tai Audio