#1 anthony derose

anthony derose
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Student
  • NYC

Posted 16 April 2010 - 05:05 PM

I just shot a 16mm experimental type of short film. Used stocks 7219 for Interior work and 7205 for Exterior work. The nice thing about the project was I was able to use a lot of different types of stylized lighting techniques. We gave the stock to the lab today for processing and transfer to DVCPRO HD tape. One thing I tried was the shaft of light style that I've seen a lot in old noir films. I created two shafts using 2 1.2k pars with narrow spot lens on them and a little smoke machine. When the main character was walking through the spots of light I let the highlights go 4 stops over. I am a little worried that I went over to much but I wanted that hot effect like this is the only light to be hitting this area and its really bright. I assume that since I was overexposed a lot my shadows will be quite open and I will need to bring the black down again in post. With my spot meter parts of the frame read 2 - 3 stops under so I think with a little tweaking I should be able to get the look I want.

CineLab

Paralinx LLC

FJS International, LLC

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Abel Cine

Aerial Filmworks

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

The Slider

Willys Widgets

rebotnix Technologies

Visual Products

New Pro Video - New and Used Equipment