3 replies to this topic

#1 Greg Baumann

Greg Baumann
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Producer

Posted 02 May 2010 - 06:55 PM

Hey board - Here's a reel shot at Rincon with the Beaulieu 4008ZM4 using Ektachrome 64T. I ran the camera through every setting I could think of, and you will see in the video notations with each take indicating what I had the camera doing. I post this mostly so other newbies can see the results of tweaking the settings as they watch the reel play. Enjoy ...

http://www.spatoutin...rom-a-to-b.html

#2 Alessandro Machi

Alessandro Machi
  • Sustaining Members
  • 3318 posts
  • Other
  • California

Posted 02 May 2010 - 07:35 PM

Not to bring up a downer, but I noticed that once you open up more than 5.6, you start to get some exposure vignetting. The exposure vignetting can be seen as a thin crescent moon shadow effect on both the left and right side edges of the frame.

Has your beaulieu camera been modded to shoot in the HD aspect ratio? The simple solution is to not transfer to the very edge of the frame on either side when you transfer, and to remember that when you are shooting. The vignetting is not horrible, but ideally you don't want to see it at all.

#3 Greg Baumann

Greg Baumann
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Producer

Posted 02 May 2010 - 11:33 PM

Not a worry! No mods on the camera. The vignetting is an imperfection I will chalk up to "charm." Thanks for the critique tho. Appreciate the sharp eyes.

Not to bring up a downer, but I noticed that once you open up more than 5.6, you start to get some exposure vignetting. The exposure vignetting can be seen as a thin crescent moon shadow effect on both the left and right side edges of the frame.

Has your beaulieu camera been modded to shoot in the HD aspect ratio? The simple solution is to not transfer to the very edge of the frame on either side when you transfer, and to remember that when you are shooting. The vignetting is not horrible, but ideally you don't want to see it at all.

Edited by Greg Baumann, 02 May 2010 - 11:35 PM.

#4 Alessandro Machi

Alessandro Machi
  • Sustaining Members
  • 3318 posts
  • Other
  • California

Posted 03 May 2010 - 12:30 AM

How are you doing the transfer to video?

Broadcast Solutions Inc

FJS International, LLC

Opal

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Aerial Filmworks

Wooden Camera

Ritter Battery

Glidecam

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Paralinx LLC

CineTape

Tai Audio