Ever thought that sharing your knowledge to young people would be fun? Looking to pass on the art of cinematography to very passionate teens? To excite them about the art of the moving image and to build visually-conscious film directors?
The New York Film Academy is looking for DPs who have the skill and interest in teaching cinematography classes in digital (mini-DV, HD) and film (16 B & W) to youth between the ages of 1) 14-17, or 2) tweens 10-13. We'll be organizing classes in cinematography for high school film courses beginning on June 28 and ending on August 14.
The program has been very successful in the past: students who were introduced to cinematography as teens when we started eleven years ago are now in their twenties and are rising in the ranks as professional DPs! The school is taking special effort to create a supportive, healthy environment for students and staff alike. Please consider joining us.
Send your resume, and please highlight any teaching experience and/or experience with youth you may have. Send material to "firstname.lastname@example.org.
lease put in the subject line: cinematography - specific field (Digital, HD, and/or 16 mm)
- an MFA and/or proven experience in the field
- idealism! This is a school so we can't come close to matching union rate, but our teachers
love what they do. If you enjoy watching youth light up to a well-framed shot, or to what
beautiful lighting really means, then this job is for you.
- ability to adjust for learning needs of young adults (14-18 years old). We
also have positions open for the teaching of tweens (10-13).
- teaching experience a huge plus
- must enjoy mentorship/advising work
- patience; ability to use hands-on methods to explain concepts
- team players, only
- able to work in a multicultural environment
Instructors should be able to explain the following in a combination lecture/hands-on workshop environment:
Basic 16 mm instructor:
B & W reversal film stock
use of light meter
Basic Digital Cinematography instructor: DVX
- shot set-up
- lighting (3-point)
- white balance
- video technology basics: progressive, NTSC, 24 P, etc.
- DVX menu items
- shot organization
Advanced HD Cinematography instructor: HVX
- everything in basic classes
- shot strategy
- making shot list over course of shoot
- psychology of shot
- advanced lighting
- craft of HD shooting
- HVX menu items
No replies to this topic