1 reply to this topic

#1 Giuseppe Valentino

Giuseppe Valentino
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 01 June 2010 - 12:28 PM

Hallo everybody, I'm sure there's somewhere an answer for my questions but I didn't found it, so sorry in advance.
Almost one year ago I shot a short in 16mm (regular 16mm). I was hoping to have enough money to finish it on film but I got hooked up on other things and money were always an issue. Anyway I would like to finish it, I'm cutting now using the dailies in DV but my idea was to have all the material transferred in high definition so at the end I'll have the short finished. Can somebody of you explain me how this works, what is the best way to make it without make a copy in 16mm. I own the negatives, is that the possiblity to keep all the quality and have it in digital?
Could sound a bit silly as a question but I would really like to know more, for instance, for people doing commercial produced straigh for television on digital projection, how do you guy move with this?
Well, suggestions are accepted.

Thanks a lot,

Giuseppe

#2 Chris Burke

Chris Burke
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1675 posts
  • Boston, MA

Posted 01 June 2010 - 09:39 PM

Hallo everybody, I'm sure there's somewhere an answer for my questions but I didn't found it, so sorry in advance.
Almost one year ago I shot a short in 16mm (regular 16mm). I was hoping to have enough money to finish it on film but I got hooked up on other things and money were always an issue. Anyway I would like to finish it, I'm cutting now using the dailies in DV but my idea was to have all the material transferred in high definition so at the end I'll have the short finished. Can somebody of you explain me how this works, what is the best way to make it without make a copy in 16mm. I own the negatives, is that the possiblity to keep all the quality and have it in digital?
Could sound a bit silly as a question but I would really like to know more, for instance, for people doing commercial produced straigh for television on digital projection, how do you guy move with this?
Well, suggestions are accepted.

Thanks a lot,

Giuseppe

to maintain the best quality, have your selects rescanned at 2k resolution, from an EDL From that digital master you can make any kind of deliverable format.

chris

Opal

CineLab

FJS International, LLC

Technodolly

Glidecam

Ritter Battery

Rig Wheels Passport

The Slider

Visual Products

CineTape

Paralinx LLC