Photo

Separate audio source out of sync with video audio source, HELP!!!!!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 James Byrne

James Byrne

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Student

Posted 01 June 2010 - 02:16 PM

I recently recorded a live standup gig for a friend of mine. I captured the audio from the two mic's on stage straight to my MacBook Pro into Logic 8. And I recorded video from a Sony Z1, I also captured sound through the Z1 mic.

I am editing it in Final Cut Pro and I've found that after syncing the audio tracks up perfectly at the start....after only a couple of minutes they go out of sync, and continue to do so as the video continues.

I have converted the mic track from Logic to 4800khz - 16bit, so it is the same as the audio track from the Z1, but the two tracks are still out of sync when I try and edit.

The only solution I can think of now is to cut the mic track every minute or so and move it a few frames along to keep it in sync.

Can anyone help me with this problem?

#2 Tom Hepburn

Tom Hepburn
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts
  • Other
  • Chicago-land

Posted 01 June 2010 - 05:23 PM

I recently recorded a live standup gig for a friend of mine. I captured the audio from the two mic's on stage straight to my MacBook Pro into Logic 8. And I recorded video from a Sony Z1, I also captured sound through the Z1 mic.

I am editing it in Final Cut Pro and I've found that after syncing the audio tracks up perfectly at the start....after only a couple of minutes they go out of sync, and continue to do so as the video continues.

I have converted the mic track from Logic to 4800khz - 16bit, so it is the same as the audio track from the Z1, but the two tracks are still out of sync when I try and edit.

The only solution I can think of now is to cut the mic track every minute or so and move it a few frames along to keep it in sync.

Can anyone help me with this problem?

Hi James,

Try slowing the recording down to 100.1% and then reimporting. If that doesn't work, try 99.9%.

Good luck,
Tom

Glidecam

Metropolis Post

Willys Widgets

Paralinx LLC

FJS International, LLC

Technodolly

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Aerial Filmworks

Tai Audio

The Slider