#1 Jordan Gorla

Jordan Gorla

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Student

Posted 07 June 2010 - 05:45 PM

I emailed a cinematographer/DP to be interviewed for my essay and he hasn't replied to my email yet. So I thought I would use this forum as a chance to meet professional cinematographers and learn more about the position. You don't have to answer all the questions, but that would be helpful. So if any of you find the time to help me and fill out by answering these questions I would really appreciate it.

Jordan Gorla
Aspiring Cinematographer/DP

Question #1. What is your Name, Title and Company? (So I can address you in the essay)

Question #2. What personality or character traits are necessary to excel in being a cinematographer/DP?

Question #3. What departments in a film crew would a cinematographer/DP mostly interact with? (From my own work and research I have only come to find that working with the Gaffer and Electric department is needed, but if you know of any other departments that you would need to work with that I am missing that would be helpful.)

Question #4. What is the Cinematographers job in Pre Production, Production and Post Production? (I don't have a clear understanding of this at a professional level, seeing as though I am an amateur student, I direct, film and edit so I am not to sure about the specifics.)

Question #5. What is your favorite thing about being a cinematographer/DP?

Question #6. What involvement in the production budget does the cinematographer/DP have?

Question #7. What is your favorite story?

Question #8. Do Cinematographers/DP in a professional sense work with any sort of software? Like Special Camera software that I might need to learn or something.

Question #9. What is your most valuable advice for being a Cinematographer/DP? (If you had anything to tell me now before I get further into the business what would it be?)

Thank you again!

Tai Audio

Metropolis Post

FJS International, LLC

Technodolly

Ritter Battery

Willys Widgets

CineTape

CineLab

Visual Products

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

The Slider