Duncan Buckley
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Other
  • United Kingdom

Posted 01 July 2010 - 08:16 AM

Hi,

Just got hold of a pan cinor lens all looking great except there is a small black dot on the lens prism near the c-mount. Is this normal or is it some kind of grease?

#2 Jean-Louis Seguin

Jean-Louis Seguin
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts
  • Other
  • Montreal, Canada

Posted 01 July 2010 - 09:47 AM

This is normal. It is a tiny round mirror that sends the image to the viewfinder.

Cheers,
Jean-Louis

#3 Duncan Buckley

Duncan Buckley
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Other
  • United Kingdom

Posted 19 July 2010 - 03:24 AM

Hi,

That's good news as I was unsure exactly what was happening there. This lens is quite strange when focusing and I wanted to know if anybody else has the same issue. There doesnt seem to be a great deal of change in the viewfinder when focusing, I can see a small shift but you cant really tell if your focus is accurate. I set the lens to maximum zoom and focused from 2 meters to infinity and there isnt a huge degree of change. Is this supposed to happen or is the viewfinder for focusing only?

Many Thanks

#4 Jean-Louis Seguin

Jean-Louis Seguin
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts
  • Other
  • Montreal, Canada

Posted 19 July 2010 - 08:38 AM

Hi,

That's good news as I was unsure exactly what was happening there. This lens is quite strange when focusing and I wanted to know if anybody else has the same issue. There doesnt seem to be a great deal of change in the viewfinder when focusing, I can see a small shift but you cant really tell if your focus is accurate. I set the lens to maximum zoom and focused from 2 meters to infinity and there isnt a huge degree of change. Is this supposed to happen or is the viewfinder for focusing only?

Many Thanks

If you have a single black dot, you have the older version which has just a plain viewfinder without any kind of focusing aid. The later models have a split-image focusing aid and inside the lens you can spot three of these black dots.

For best results, always focus at the zoomed-in position and do it quickly before your eyesight accommodates and causes uncertainty as to what is exactly in focus.

Cheers,
Jean-Louis

Willys Widgets

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Technodolly

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Tai Audio

Opal

Wooden Camera

Broadcast Solutions Inc

CineLab

CineTape