andrew parrish
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Other
  • Vancouver, BC

Posted 07 July 2010 - 09:37 AM

Hi Folks,

I picked up a Keystone Mayfair M 55, basically for the two lens that it came with. The Camera itself is in very good shape, but uses the old Kodak 16mm Cartridge system. Is it possible to reload the old carts? I found a website that showed the film path, and it looked like it would be very hard to do, especially in the dark!

Thanks

Andrew

#2 John Young

John Young
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • Other
  • Lexington, KY

Posted 07 July 2010 - 11:46 AM

Hi Folks,

I picked up a Keystone Mayfair M 55, basically for the two lens that it came with. The Camera itself is in very good shape, but uses the old Kodak 16mm Cartridge system. Is it possible to reload the old carts? I found a website that showed the film path, and it looked like it would be very hard to do, especially in the dark!

Thanks

Andrew

I took one of those apart one time, and I STILL haven't found all the pieces. There's little gizmos and gears, springs and chirps and all whatnot. I think it all has to do with the fact that the cartridge actually pulls the film through by turning the sprockets inside.

I for one, would not do it.

#3 Charles MacDonald

Charles MacDonald
  • Sustaining Members
  • 1157 posts
  • Other
  • Stittsville Ontario Canada

Posted 07 July 2010 - 08:11 PM

Is it possible to reload the old carts? I found a website that showed the film path, and it looked like it would be very hard to do, especially in the dark!

You would proably have to have a few dry runs. Remember that the Film has to be Double perf, and I believe (but an not sure) is wound emulsion out on the tiny little core in the mag.

These things have a central sprocket and the film goes over it TWICE at one point. It is a wonderful example of Kodak Engineering (the kind that says you can't put in a part unless it does three jobs) meeting the need to have steady film transport.

Paralinx LLC

Glidecam

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

CineTape

Rig Wheels Passport

Abel Cine

Aerial Filmworks

Metropolis Post

CineLab

Tai Audio

Visual Products

Willys Widgets