mpg

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Other

Posted 09 July 2010 - 10:37 AM

Hello
I got a camera sankyo super cm 400 I wanted to know where I can find a user guide and how to check if it works without film

#2 Gareth Blackstock

Gareth Blackstock
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • Other
  • Ararat, Victoria Australia

Posted 10 July 2010 - 06:38 AM

Hello,

I think you have a great camera for one, I have used my CM400 many times. The images will be quite sharp as the camera uses a 150 degree shutter, whereas cameras that use 185 and up shutters I feel give a slightly fuzzy image. But these results will vary greatly depending on light, lens, film, et all.

The camera should run happily without film with little risk of damage. To see if it the shutter is working, open the film door, point the camera at a bright light, pull the trigger, and try to look at the light from inside the film compartment, if you can see the bright light flickering then the shutter is working. The camera works! The exposure setting on the side of the camera, in auto mode, should move as you point the camera at different strengths of light. For most uses leaving it on auto is fine, but if you point the camera from bright to dark with auto on, you will notice a poor transition when you watch the result on a projector.

good luck. Gareth

#3 mpg

mpg

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Other

Posted 11 July 2010 - 11:58 AM

Hello

Thanks but I could not see through the film hole if the light moves I'm pretty sure its works got it from my grandfather in box
Do you have Any other ideas how I can check it or it's safest to buy a film (If I find) and try it
Is there a user guide for the camera that I can find on the web
thank you :rolleyes:

#4 Gareth Blackstock

Gareth Blackstock
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • Other
  • Ararat, Victoria Australia

Posted 12 July 2010 - 08:07 AM

Hello

Thanks but I could not see through the film hole if the light moves I'm pretty sure its works got it from my grandfather in box
Do you have Any other ideas how I can check it or it's safest to buy a film (If I find) and try it
Is there a user guide for the camera that I can find on the web
thank you :rolleyes:

I do not know of specific web pages where you might get information, either do a search or visit this page,
http://mishkin.yolas...onal-super8.php

And follow the links to various sites in the right hand column. There are hundreds of information sources out there, this forum included.

Best way to go aboout it is to buy some film, reversal, and shoot. Set the exposure to auto, it's on the side of the camera, and see how you go. Meanwhile, do lots of reading.

good luck, Gareth

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Paralinx LLC

Metropolis Post

Ritter Battery

Abel Cine

CineLab

Opal

Wooden Camera

Willys Widgets

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Aerial Filmworks