Photo

Underwater cameraman training, advice needed.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ghammi

ghammi

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Other

Posted 10 July 2010 - 06:02 PM

Hi,

I am looking for some advice on the best route to take in pursuing a career as an underwater cameraman. I am a PADI Divemaster and I am keen to play a part in showing all the unfortunate people in the world who don't dive what they are missing. I realise this is a competitive industry and underwater cameraman jobs are highly sought after but I'm ready and willing to make the sacrifices needed to be successful. However, i'm keen to obtain some advice so that I avoid wasting both time and money.

I have limited experience of using video cameras or editing so I am keen to develop my skills.

There are a number of videography training providers in places such as Thailand offering internships and training courses but i'm not entirely sure that is the best route to take.

I would be extremely grateful for any advice you can give me.

Many thanks.

#2 Tom Jensen

Tom Jensen
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1234 posts
  • Camera Operator
  • Dallas, TX

Posted 11 July 2010 - 02:02 AM

Hi,

I am looking for some advice on the best route to take in pursuing a career as an underwater cameraman. I am a PADI Divemaster and I am keen to play a part in showing all the unfortunate people in the world who don't dive what they are missing. I realise this is a competitive industry and underwater cameraman jobs are highly sought after but I'm ready and willing to make the sacrifices needed to be successful. However, i'm keen to obtain some advice so that I avoid wasting both time and money.

I have limited experience of using video cameras or editing so I am keen to develop my skills.

There are a number of videography training providers in places such as Thailand offering internships and training courses but i'm not entirely sure that is the best route to take.

I would be extremely grateful for any advice you can give me.

Many thanks.

You should contact Pete Romano. He was and still may be Hydorflex.

#3 ghammi

ghammi

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Other

Posted 11 July 2010 - 02:17 PM

You should contact Pete Romano. He was and still may be Hydorflex.

Thanks Tom

Wooden Camera

The Slider

Rig Wheels Passport

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Ritter Battery

CineLab

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

CineTape

Tai Audio

Technodolly

Willys Widgets