Franco Bogino

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Other

Posted 09 August 2010 - 06:57 AM

Hi all Beaulieu experts

I have recently bought a Beaulieu 2008s, which inevitably requires a bit of care and attention to make sure it performs the best it can. So my main problem is that there seems to be very little posting on the internet for this model, whereas there is a lot more for the 4008 ZM or ZMii.

Can anyone tell me the main differences between these models so I can decipher what information I can take from postings and apply to my 2008s. (Also I am just curious about what the differences are from a functional point of view in case I get on really well with this one and decide to upgrade at some point in the future.

The first problem I should already have solved, I am having my battery recelled by someone called Tom Houston in US. The service seems reliable and I's sere it will be fine. (Though any advice on how to build a battery holder for external charging would be invaluable).

My second problem is that I suspect the camera workings need a bit of a clean and a lube. Unfortunately I have very little money to spend on this at the moment, so I am looking for some pointers on opening the camera and lubricating/ cleaning some of the key components myself. I would appreciate some help identifying which are the key culprits to treat, and what things to be particularly careful about.

Anyway, thank you very much for anything you guys can contribute.

Francesco

#2 Oliver Christoph Kochs

Oliver Christoph Kochs
  • Sustaining Members
  • 323 posts
  • Film Loader
  • Germany

Posted 09 August 2010 - 10:41 AM

Hi Francesco, there's only ONE TRUE EXPERT regarding Beaulieu cameras. His name is Björn Andersson from Sweden.
You should send your camera there to have the CLA. He might help with batteries as well. Read about him HERE.

#3 Andries Molenaar

Andries Molenaar
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 671 posts
  • Industry Rep
  • Amsterdam

Posted 10 August 2010 - 01:04 PM

That thread is ancient. The 5 year past budget with a dollar at 1-on-1 is extreme on a camera of some $200.
I suppose you don't mean the last few posts there which are hardly a recommendation :)

Better mention where you are maybe somebody has an better and closer idea.

Rig Wheels Passport

The Slider

Aerial Filmworks

Paralinx LLC

CineTape

Tai Audio

Visual Products

Ritter Battery

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Willys Widgets

FJS International, LLC

Metropolis Post