#1 Joey Jolsen

Joey Jolsen

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Student

Posted 09 August 2010 - 10:54 PM

Ok, where do I begin? I'm Writing this because I would like to be more involed in the cinematography community, I would like to become more known to the people who go to this website every day, and especially to the more "well known" people like David and Mitch and the others.

First, I'll tell you a little about myself. I was born on August,30,1996. Yes my 14th Birthday is comming up soon. I grew up in an average neighborhood in California called "Newark". My brother had a career in racing quarter-midgets, a type of car most kids race in to start their careers in racing.A few weeks after I turned 4, I was hit by a car and was put in the hospital for 2 weeks. A month after I got out of the hospital, We moved to Rathdrum, Idaho. We then lived in a rented house for a year. After that we moved to a more permanent house in another town. We lived there for 7 years, and I went through kindergarden, to 6th grade at Garwood Elementary. During the course of that 7 years, My parents grew more and more apart. My mom and dad were always yelling at each other. I took my mom's side because most of the problems were caused by my dad. By then my brother was racing go-karts professionally, and that was the cause of most of the problems between my parents. My dad would spend all the money we had on the go-kart parts, and we would be left with no money left to pay the bills.

As I went through school, I never had very many friends. I was always "different" from everyone else. I had a totally different personality than anyone else in the class. I always seemed a lot more mature than any of the other kids. That was why some of my only friends were the teachers, despite having pretty average to low grades. In 6th grade I met the only 2 friends Istill have today. After going through most of 7th grade failing all my classes except art, My dad moved back to California, and left my Brother, Mom, Myself, and all of our pets in a house we couldn't pay for. Since I was failing all of my classes, my mom decided to take me out of school just before that year ended.

Well, my eyes are getting tired so I think i'll just skip ahead to now.

We now live in Spirit Lake, Idaho. My brother moved back to California to live with my dad and my mom and I now live in another rented home. I'm out of public school and am now being home taught. My dad is supposed to pay 250.00$ every week in child support, but he's always late with the money. Currently he's 400.00$ short from last month, and we're about to have to move again.

I know this doesn't really involve cinematography.com discussion at all or have anything to do with anything, but I simply put this here so the more well known people would read it. Please don't lock it. Move it if you want but please don't lock it.

Anyway, the point is, now that you know more about me, I'd like to become more involved in the community and eventually become another Mitch or David.

#2 Tim Tyler

Tim Tyler

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1291 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Olympia, WA (US)

Posted 09 August 2010 - 11:44 PM

We now live in Spirit Lake, Idaho.

Well, your IP address resolves to tampabay.res.rr.com which is pretty far from Idaho.

CineTape

Metropolis Post

Opal

Technodolly

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

The Slider

Willys Widgets

CineLab

Visual Products

Wooden Camera

Glidecam

FJS International, LLC