#1 Steve Zimmerman

Steve Zimmerman
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • Other
  • Charleston, SC USA

Posted 14 August 2010 - 11:51 AM

Setting up our Kinor 35H for the first time, without a manual yet, when adding on the extended viewfinder, the image we see is upside down. :o

I see the prism can be turned, what should it be turned to? Say "4 o'clock" or what?

Any ideas? is there a free manual online?

Thanks So Much! :D

Steve Zimmerman

Edited by Steve Zimmerman, 14 August 2010 - 11:53 AM.

#2 Steve Zimmerman

Steve Zimmerman
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • Other
  • Charleston, SC USA

Posted 14 August 2010 - 02:50 PM

Setting up our Kinor 35H for the first time, without a manual yet, when adding on the extended viewfinder, the image we see is upside down. :o

I see the prism can be turned, what should it be turned to? Say "4 o'clock" or what?

Steve Zimmerman

#3 James Steven Beverly

James Steven Beverly
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4199 posts
  • Director
  • El Paso, Texas

Posted 14 August 2010 - 06:41 PM

Steve Zimmerman

Yeah, that could be it, try turning it and see what happens No, but Raf at Rafcamera.com has an English translated version for sale on his sit as well as on Ebay.

#4 Steve Zimmerman

Steve Zimmerman
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • Other
  • Charleston, SC USA

Posted 14 August 2010 - 11:37 PM

Yeah, that could be it, try turning it and see what happens No, but Raf at Rafcamera.com has an English translated version for sale on his sit as well as on Ebay.

I bought a manual earlier today haven't gotten it yet, but I figured out how to set it right. The correct position is the opposite of what would appear to be correct. When looking at the turning prism and mirror inside, The mirror is at 10 o'clock and the reflected image is at 2 o'clock, or something like that.

Edited by Steve Zimmerman, 14 August 2010 - 11:38 PM.

#5 Steve Zimmerman

Steve Zimmerman
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • Other
  • Charleston, SC USA

Posted 15 August 2010 - 11:14 AM

I bought a manual earlier today haven't gotten it yet, but I figured out how to set it right. The correct position is the opposite of what would appear to be correct. When looking at the turning prism and mirror inside, The mirror is at 10 o'clock and the reflected image is at 2 o'clock, or something like that.

11.4a. Installation of the viewfinder
Normal or deanamorphic viewfinder is installed into the slot “B” (Picture 5) and secured by the bayonet nut (90).
During using the eyepiece (138) (Picture 9), install the viewfinder (137) or (140) into the slot “B” (Picture 5) so that red mark of the slot “B” match the red mark of the viewfinder.
During using the long eyepiece (139) (Picture 9), install the viewfinder (137) or (140) into the slot “B” (Picture 5) so that red mark of the slot “B” match the red mark of the viewfinder.
The slot “B” can be turned for convenience in the following way:
1) Turn the friction ring (122) (Picture 6) counterclockwise.
2) Turn the slot “B”.
3) Secure the clot “B” by the friction ring (122).

#6 Bruce Taylor

Bruce Taylor
  • Sustaining Members
  • 482 posts
  • Other
  • Los Angeles

Posted 15 August 2010 - 07:58 PM

11.4a. Installation of the viewfinder
Normal or deanamorphic viewfinder is installed into the slot “B” (Picture 5) and secured by the bayonet nut (90).
During using the eyepiece (138) (Picture 9), install the viewfinder (137) or (140) into the slot “B” (Picture 5) so that red mark of the slot “B” match the red mark of the viewfinder.
During using the long eyepiece (139) (Picture 9), install the viewfinder (137) or (140) into the slot “B” (Picture 5) so that red mark of the slot “B” match the red mark of the viewfinder.
The slot “B” can be turned for convenience in the following way:
1) Turn the friction ring (122) (Picture 6) counterclockwise.
2) Turn the slot “B”.
3) Secure the clot “B” by the friction ring (122).

That's it!

You pull off the viewfinder prism that contains the eyepiece, turn the receiver with the red dot 180 degrees and reinstall the prism, install the extension viewfinder in place of the short eyepiece. BTW, I have been advised not to engage the contrast viewing filters installed in the extension finder as they may not return to their normal position.

#7 James Steven Beverly

James Steven Beverly
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4199 posts
  • Director
  • El Paso, Texas

Posted 15 August 2010 - 09:11 PM

I bought a manual earlier today haven't gotten it yet,

Damn, is his transporter down AGAIN!!! I hate that and you just can't get a decent repairman in this quadrant, all the good ones are over in Orion and THOSE GUYS charge a FORTUNE in trip fees. :rolleyes:

CineLab

Tai Audio

Visual Products

Glidecam

FJS International, LLC

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Opal

Wooden Camera

The Slider

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Willys Widgets

CineTape