#1 Amparo de Miguel Viguer

Amparo de Miguel Viguer

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 25 August 2010 - 01:55 PM

Hello! This year i´m going to travel to the USA for study "one year cinematography" programm in the NYFA. I applied for the lOS angeles campus, but now I have a lot of doubts. I´m from Spain, so for my it would be better to live in new york (it´s nearer and cheaper) but I decided to study in Los Angeles becouse I thought it would be better, studing close to de Universal Studies and Hollywood..... but nobody explains me nothing.

People from the NYFA tell me that both schools are the same, the only changes is the location.

But..... what would you do???? Do you know somebody who has study in one or the other one location????

Thank you very much!!

#2 Francisco Vazquez

Francisco Vazquez

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 01 September 2010 - 11:49 AM

Hello! This year i´m going to travel to the USA for study "one year cinematography" programm in the NYFA. I applied for the lOS angeles campus, but now I have a lot of doubts. I´m from Spain, so for my it would be better to live in new york (it´s nearer and cheaper) but I decided to study in Los Angeles becouse I thought it would be better, studing close to de Universal Studies and Hollywood..... but nobody explains me nothing.

People from the NYFA tell me that both schools are the same, the only changes is the location.

But..... what would you do???? Do you know somebody who has study in one or the other one location????

Thank you very much!!

The head of the Cinematography program teaches in NY, I don't know who teaches over in the LA campus, but I know they had a few problems earlier this year. But I just finished studying in the NYC campus, and it was great. But from what I heard LA isn't doing so good right now in general, NY isn't perfect either. Atleast you don't need a car here.

#3 Andre Felipe Meneses

Andre Felipe Meneses
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Student
  • Brazil

Posted 12 October 2010 - 10:11 PM

Thank you very much!!

Amparo,

Actually, I´m also planning to study in NYFA, One-year-filmmaking, but can´t hide that One-Year-Cinematography is one of my ambitions too; and I have the same doubt of yours: NY or LA? It seems that NY is more practical, because as I heard, in LA you’ll certainly need a car and son on.
Other hand I’d like to keep contact to fallow your journey in NYFA and any advice it’ll be well come.

Cheers

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Aerial Filmworks

Ritter Battery

Opal

Metropolis Post

The Slider

Glidecam

Rig Wheels Passport

Abel Cine

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS