1 reply to this topic

#1 Marc Roessler

Marc Roessler
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts
  • Other

Posted 25 August 2010 - 03:53 PM

Can anyone here suggest a halogen replacement for photo floods?
I'd like to use this with china balls, so wattage should be between 150 and 250 Watt, E27 socket (european style), and (important!) 3200K color balance.

I've found the JDD and Osram Halolux Ceram series, but most of these either state no color temperature or something between 2800K and 3000K. I'm not quite sure whether those sellers labeling them "3200K" got the real deal or are just misinformed. Many won't reply to inquiries, the others just don't know. Often "3200K" seems to be used for "incandescent color temperature", grrr...

(I just bought a bunch of 500 W R7s quartz bars, "3200K"... ha! 3000K at most.. so I'm careful.)

Filmtools.com sells 250W JDD edison socket halogen lamps, supposedly 3200K. But they are located in the states and shipping to Germany will kill me (and besides I need those bulbs within the next 2 weeks...).

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Marc

#2 Adrian Sierkowski

Adrian Sierkowski
  • Sustaining Members
  • 7117 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Los Angeles, Ca

Posted 27 August 2010 - 07:27 AM

200K, while a bit at the T end of things won't kill you, any specific reason you want/need exactly 3200K? Could one note correct with 1/8 CTO or CTB on some of the heads (e.g. CTO any trust 3200K heads you have with the 3000K bulbs?) Seems a color meter would be most useful in this instance to know for certain, but in my own experience, a few 100K difference is a nice "verisimilitude" in a frame-- especially when dealing with practical lighting.

Aerial Filmworks

CineLab

The Slider

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Metropolis Post

Tai Audio

Wooden Camera

Opal

Rig Wheels Passport

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Abel Cine

FJS International, LLC