Buy T2i at end of September or wait?
Posted 28 August 2010 - 02:41 PM
What are your thoughts, should I buy it now for $900 or wait and see if the price drops?
Posted 28 August 2010 - 03:22 PM
Posted 10 September 2010 - 03:16 AM
Well, Canon is releasing a new HD-DSLR camera soon: The 60D. So we will see what that does to prices. It is supposed to be out soonish, but there is no date that I know of. B&H says Approx September.
Maybe the price will match the T2i as well..
Right now its around $1000
Posted 12 September 2010 - 06:24 PM
Posted 29 October 2010 - 10:24 AM
Posted 27 January 2011 - 08:55 AM
The camera is very small and light and It has Superb image quality in both photos and video and the built in mic is also very good.
Posted 27 January 2011 - 10:25 AM
If you anticipate doing a lot of shooting, that will cost more than what you can rent/borrow in that time period, buy the DSLR. If not, wait.
From my personal experience, I generally regret impulse buys far more than things I DIDN'T buy. Have to say, too, with a $900 price tag, you should be able to find that camera for give-away rental prices somewhere. Maybe a rental house price will still be high, but a co-op or something should have something like this available for practically nothing for a day rate.