Nathan Pocus

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Birmingham, Al

Posted 31 August 2010 - 09:13 AM

So I get my gear back from a shoot and I notice they left the Aaton to B-mount adapter on the camera. I later get an email from the guy saying it was stuck. What I think might have happened was that they were changing lenses with the adapter in place and were somehow torquing the adapter tighter every time. This thing is tight. I even tried tapping lighting with a hammer, probably not the best idea, though nothing was harmed. What can I do?

#2 Oliver Christoph Kochs

Oliver Christoph Kochs
  • Sustaining Members
  • 323 posts
  • Film Loader
  • Germany

Posted 31 August 2010 - 09:36 AM

Heat? Oil (but turn the cam upside 90 degrees so that the oil doesn't enter the housing)?

#3 Adrian Sierkowski

Adrian Sierkowski
  • Sustaining Members
  • 7115 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Los Angeles, Ca

Posted 31 August 2010 - 11:15 AM

Cold on the adapter itself, to contract the metal a bit. and a lot of elbow grease, and if all else fails an aaton service center. `

#4 Mitch Gross

Mitch Gross
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2873 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 01 September 2010 - 12:59 PM

Nathan, I'm not sure where you are located, but if in the US then you could send the camera to our office in either NY or LA and we could get it off without causing damage. We could also check to make sure the camera's mount had not been torqued out of place and could perform other service on the camera. Feel free to contact me directly. Abel Cine Tech is the dealer and service center for Aaton in the US.

#5 Nathan Pocus

Nathan Pocus

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Birmingham, Al

Posted 01 September 2010 - 03:56 PM

Nathan, I'm not sure where you are located, but if in the US then you could send the camera to our office in either NY or LA and we could get it off without causing damage. We could also check to make sure the camera's mount had not been torqued out of place and could perform other service on the camera. Feel free to contact me directly. Abel Cine Tech is the dealer and service center for Aaton in the US.

Thanks Mitch, I believe this is actually your old camera. One of the cases has your name on it. I bought it from Vincent a year or so ago. The people using my gear had an insurance policy but they were shooting in Louisiana. I am in Alabama so it has been about 2 weeks since they wrapped their shoot. Do you think I can still contact these people and have them make a claim? Doing favors for friends of friends sucks.

#6 Nathan Pocus

Nathan Pocus

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Birmingham, Al

Posted 02 September 2010 - 11:06 AM

Mitch,
I sent you a message via the Abel site.

#7 Mitch Gross

Mitch Gross
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2873 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 02 September 2010 - 01:02 PM

My old baby -- come home to papa!

I certainly would put in a claim, but good luck on actually collecting much. There's usually a deductible and I'd hope that anything you'd need would fall below that cost (often as high as $2500). It can be very hard to get productions to pay out directly.

I've asked someone in our Services Dept. to reach out to you directly.

Aerial Filmworks

Willys Widgets

Tai Audio

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Rig Wheels Passport

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

rebotnix Technologies

Metropolis Post

Abel Cine

Ritter Battery

CineTape

FJS International, LLC